The Dementia of the Rich and Famous

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. clacy

clacy

It saddens me to see what television/internet has become. I'm sure people have been saying this for centuries, but I am very concerned for the future. The younger generation in this country (US) is so poorly educated by our crappy public school system. Add in a pop culture that is degenerating as we speak and an ever increasing dependence on the federal government and I smell trouble in the future.

#21     Dec 9, 2007
  2. Well ratings are very important and are the end-factor in whether the programming stays the same or changes.

A TV network can force programming on the air, but if the ratings don't justify it, the format has to be changed.

The fact is that people are eating up that crap. willingly dumbing themselves down. I'm wondering whether there is any hope left.

#22     Dec 9, 2007
  3. Probably not.

#23     Dec 9, 2007
  4. Sorry but the baby sitter has fake tits too now. And her need to keep her Z list fame has made her demented also.

From wikipedia:

#24     Dec 9, 2007
  5. That's what's the unfortunate part about this thread . . . this garbage has infiltrated our lives whether we like it or not. We can't get away from celebrity rubbish. There's an entire thread on the Chit Chat forum about Jodie Foster coming out . . . who cares? We can't walk away from the dumbing-down of society, only rise above.

#25     Dec 18, 2007
  6. Anyone for Fight Club, gentlemen?

#26     Dec 18, 2007
  7. I do believe Brittany Spears is now pregnant again. I guess she figures she lost the other two, so she'll just start over. Also of course, for attention.

#27     Dec 18, 2007
  8. Very good point.

#28     Dec 18, 2007
  9. rzepe5

rzepe5

Holy crap I'm happy I read this thread because I was beginning to think I was the ony person in the world that felt this way.

Seriously though, Lindsay Lohan will probably get coked up and drunk one night then hit and kill some innocent person, go to rehab while avoiding a timely jail sentence. Then get out of rehab only to be rewarded with a $20mil crappy movie and start the whole cycle all over again. We've gotten to the point of rewarding stupidity which is the worst thing.

#29     Dec 18, 2007
  10. Why do you care if they are total fuck-ups?

Turn off Access Hollywood (and TV in general) and realize there is life beyond tracking every move of the "rich and famous".

#30     Dec 18, 2007