The Dementia of the Rich and Famous

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. how about all of those scientology nuts, celebrities. Or those who go vegetarian (woody harrelson).

Clearly these are deprived people who are a bad influence on children. Whatever happened to being normal? No slut/metrosexual wannabes.

#11     Dec 9, 2007
  2. bathrobe

bathrobe

recently I watched MTV for the first time in 10 or 12 years, this station has become extremely pathetic. No music 16 year old girls whining that they got the wrong color lexus for their birthday, I was embarrassed to even be watching this another show just showed homes and cars (which were quite nice!) of people who were rappers, I wonder what the point of either show is? Do not go to college and marry rich? When I recently went home for a visit my mother was watching a channel that had celebrity gossip in a news format type show, I kept waiting for this to be a joke but the "anchors" were serious about this gossip. I am older than MTV's demographic but this made me realize Americans are becoming brainwashed with stupidity. Why else would CNN and FOX NEWS cover Lindsay lohans coke problem

#12     Dec 9, 2007
  3. loik

loik

Why would you want to be very rich?

#13     Dec 9, 2007
  4. loik

loik

Why is that bad?

#14     Dec 9, 2007
  5. loik

loik

Business!

#15     Dec 9, 2007
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

I agree it is business, it is just sad it is interesting to so many when so much else is going on that has an effect on us all

#16     Dec 9, 2007
  7. x2012

x2012

Bathrobe: I didnt agree with your post in another thread, but I agree with you 100% here. Just never understood to glorification of stupidity?

Anyway, I tend to see this crap as a sieve. Whoever falls for it, is most likely to be one of life's biggest losers. Whoever doesn't, well lets talk.

#17     Dec 9, 2007

8. Michael Jackson.

The very uniqueness of these people are what draws us in.
    They offer something totally different than the norm and are noticed for that.

Once noticed, they become widespread accepted for which they have to give.

It is when people grow tired of what they have to offer, their faults are recognized and then magnified.

#18     Dec 9, 2007
  9. is there more dementia among rich/ famous people or more among homeless?

john dupont lived down the street from me---- he would drive a tank around his property and had razor wire installed inside his walls since he was convinced that people were tunneling under his house and coming up inside the walls. it was insane! ultra rich and crazy makes for great stories....

finally he ended up murdering an olympic wrestler. it's an interesting tale of wealth and madness--- here's the story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/aron/dupont022697.htm

surf

#19     Dec 9, 2007
  10. I don't think it's so much that our culture is INTERESTED in Lohan, Jackson et al, I think the problem is our media decides what we're interested in, and we follow along like sheeple.
    baa

#20     Dec 9, 2007