the delta phenomenon

Discussion in 'Trading' started by solsaul, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Feel free to post and explain successful trades you've made using delta phenomenon...

#11     Mar 11, 2009
  2. I don't discuss trades or methodology on public forums. But, as an example - the fall in the Pound Sterling to the 1.3500 level coincides rather ideally with a LTD 1. For those of you who have your LTD's posted on the gbpusd over the past half century will note that the start of the 7000 point decline came on point 13 (as it has done all 3 times in the past for moves > 5000), and ended at point 1, in the same weekly position (again, as it did in those 3 substantial declines). Going further in detail, we also made a ITD 1 low in the Asian session today, and have also seen confluence in a MTD low zone. This is not a buy suggestion, merely an example of a strong confluence of time frames using Delta. I wouldn't trade this, blindly, myself. There are many other tools that go into initiating a trade and setting up desired risk and reward ratios.

#12     Mar 11, 2009
  3. The creator of the method in the delta story went on to found his own similiar product. Ocean Theory.

And from the name of his website, you can just tell how well it works.

http://www.mayyoubehappy.com/oceanbook.html

#13     Mar 11, 2009
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Thanks for the laugh :D

#14     Mar 11, 2009
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I have a better theory. I call it the "GAMMA PHENOMENON". If your farts come out in groups of four you should get short in this market. It is an amazing natural order of things. You should try it.

#15     Mar 11, 2009
  6. #16     Mar 11, 2009
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Yes
    No

#17     Mar 11, 2009
  8. I like a well though-out answer :D

#18     Mar 11, 2009

9. http://www.amazon.com/New-Concepts-Technical-Trading-Systems/dp/0894590278

This book was way ahead of its time. You can get a used copy of Market Wizards for less than ten buckson on Amazon, to me the stuff in there is priceless. :)

#19     Mar 11, 2009
  10. I am still confused if this "delta phenomenon and ocean theory" are good softwares or not. The price 10k or more is very expensive.

I believe that J Wilder and Jim Sloman are very smart...too smart to sell a trading software for 10k if it does make a lot of money...don't you think ?

They might be good traders, yet they both have websites selling trading products.

#20     Oct 4, 2009