The definitive debate: RACE vs IQ vs CRIME

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jamiejones, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

I'm proud of where I come from. My parents worked extremely hard and started from nothing. We had enough to live on, but lack of money was NEVER allowed to be an excuse for any sort of underachievment or laziness.

I didn't say ALL the inner city people are black, but a lot are and they are the ones who stay there and complain for a living. I've been around plenty, I know the reality on the ground.

The bulk of black 'achievement' is AA except for music and sports. The record on school grades, technical patents, economic innovation, intellectual achievement speaks for itself. The economic advancement is government driven, i.e. AA

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/09/152297370/government-job-cuts-threaten-black-middle-class

#51     Nov 26, 2012
  2. You know nothing about on the ground, if you did you would be the imbecile that you are on this forum. Unless you are one of those white kids who got his ass kicked every day.:)

#52     Nov 26, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

if knew anything about life you would not the imbecile you are. you have no special insights

no ass kicked here, nor did I kick anyone elses, I was raised better than that

#53     Nov 26, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

once again, RCG cannot form an argument, even simple inductive or deductive ones, all he has is 'you don't know what it's like'....

Can liberals think?

#54     Nov 26, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOT any I've seen around here.

#55     Nov 26, 2012
  6. More racist bullshit.

#56     Nov 26, 2012
  7. The uneducated and impoverished are easy marks for explotation, often by their own kind. Conspiracy theories run rampent among the black cultures, here and abroad. This too makes them easy marks. Lack of education is the root cause. Abject poverty is not a choice and neither is great wealth. Both are the result of dumb luck. Everything inbetween those two extremes, we work for, but the extremes are simply luck, good or bad, but dumb f'n luck none the less. Humility tells me I am lucky to have born here in the USA, white, had good parents, decent education, and a few breaks along the way. I had nothing to do with any of that. Pure random selection. I could have made better or worse choices along the way to enhance the direction of my life. For those choices I am responsible, but not the starting point. Nothing but luck for that.
    If we're going to talk in really broad strokes, I'll give you that blacks have a more violent culture. That seems to be true, at least during current times, regardless of the country.
    Of course it all depends on how you define violent. If it's some guy that's more likely to come up and punch you in the face for no good reason, I'd say blacks are more violent than whites. If you're talking about occupying a country, killing those that were there before you by the tens thousands, leaving them with nothing but the worst dirt you can give them, then the white man is the f'n devil. Like I said in my first post, given the right circumstances for which we can justify/rationalize our actions, we're all killers at heart. It's in our primal nature.

#57     Nov 26, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Too simple, too easy, and wrong. If you go back far enough, everyone was uneducated.... When we put books in front of black people today they do not want to, or cannot learn. It's not about just learning, it's about creating and working. The root cause is that blacks cannot or will not perform economicaly productive tasks like other races do. The opportunity is there, they won't crawl out like everyone else does or at least tries.

Staying in poverty is a choice. You like anecdotes, how about Larry Ellison was adopted by his aunt and lived ina two bedroom apartment? all the countless folks risking it all to make a business run? they have been poor, the only difference is attitude.

you have penchant for anecdote, but were not really talking about that. I am humble too, but I know my values will work anywhere. Think about this- it was individuals just like you and me that made this a place of opportunity. Opportunity simply means the chance at material success, and it requires individuals working to create and make it so. Opportunity does not derive from some vague external collective notion of priviledge.

Korea in 1945 has just been occupied and basically enslaved by Japan, they lost everything, then they had another war in 1950. Talk about misfortune, but they didn't sit around feeling sorry for themselves wondering how they could escape. Now they far exceed Nigeria in material standards, even though Nigeria had every chance at besting them.

we are talking averages, and it isn't 'seems to be', it is.

Really? If Africans had more technology, oh my....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/10/us-congo-democratic-rebels-idUSBRE8690XB20120710

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

Niger just got around to outlawing slavery in 2003. That's not a typo. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7693397.stm

white man's devil my ass

#58     Nov 26, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Brazilians were murdering the descendants of former slaves as recently as the 1980's, to steal their land.

#59     Nov 26, 2012
  10. Mom just bought her 10 year old son a new basketball. He heads down to the playground to shoot some hoop and a group of older teens take his ball. They don't give it back.

He runs home and tells his mother, (father is unknown and not around) She says "I paid good money for that basketball, you better not come home without that ball."

So the kid heads back to the playground and on his way he spots a police car. He tells the story to the policemen in the car. They say "We don't get basketballs back".

Lesson learned: Cops are no help. Second lesson, mom is no help.

He now knows that no adults will help him.

If mom won't help him, who he loves and the police won't help him, who are there to protect him. Do you think this kid expects a teacher to help him? Another useless adult to him.

-------------------------------

One day he comes home and mom has a boyfriend. The boyfriend gets drunk and starts hitting his mother. He physicallly tries to intervene, to stop the fight. The mother yells at her son to stop. He's confused. You see she has been beat up before, it's no big deal to her. The boyfriend wins. The only male in his family beats up his mother.

lesson learned: okay to beat up women, men do that.

------------------

#60     Nov 26, 2012