The definitive debate: RACE vs IQ vs CRIME

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jamiejones, Nov 25, 2012.

1. I'm not a liberal.

However, if low IQ were a precursor to criminal behavior, I would expect the mentally retarded to be the primary components in roving street gangs.

Bernie Madoff, on the other hand, was pretty smart and did quite a bit of damage.

#21     Nov 25, 2012
  2. Different types of criminal activities attract people of different intelligence levels. Serial bombers tend to have high IQs. I'd be willing to bet that no one on this former is smarter than the Unabomber.

#22     Nov 25, 2012
  3. You think it isn't?

honestly you need to brief yourself on crime statistics vis a vis IQ.

There are tens of thousands lil trevon's for every bernie madoff.

[​IMG]

#23     Nov 25, 2012

4. Bernie's problem is that he got caught.

I'm not sure how many criminals like him with high IQ's that are smart enough to not get caught.

#24     Nov 25, 2012
  5. \
    same with trevon too bad so sad still dead :D :D

#25     Nov 25, 2012
  6. He's one.

Also I think they got one of the major drug cartel druglords recently in Mexico.

Organized crime syndicates are sophisticated operations too - probably not run by mental deficients....

#26     Nov 26, 2012
  7. Sorry but the facts are not on your side, crime esp violent crime is mostly the purview of the intellectually challenged, no matter how hard you try to spin it as otherwise.

#27     Nov 26, 2012
  8. Are those studies correlation or causation?

And since you have to be convicted for it to be a crime, doesn't that mean somebody like Jon Corzine is not a criminal?

#28     Nov 26, 2012
  9. Of course you aren't :D

#29     Nov 26, 2012
  10. The most violent among us, serial killers, by and large have average IQ's. Of course there are a few statistical outliers, but most are average. While they kill for a variety of reasons, most kill for the thrill of it.
    http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial Killer Information Center/Serial Killer IQ.htm

It has been my observation that environment will determine violent criminal activity to a greater degree than IQ or race. Human beings are subject to environmental pressures regardless of race or IQ. The birds of a feather rule is a much better determining factor than IQ. Given the right set of circumstances a killer lurks in all of us.

#30     Nov 26, 2012