The Definitive book on Trader Psychology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by candletrader, Aug 3, 2005.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

cheers omni. much appreciated.

#31     Aug 5, 2005
  2. ler

ler

But wouldn't it be our (human) nature to perceive it as the final stage if that is the stage we are at currently?

i.e. Maybe someone more newbie would look at learning about TA as their "final" stage only to have the next step revealed when they punch through that one.

What's next ?

(I'm expecting a large black monolith to appear in my trading office.)

#32     Aug 5, 2005
  3. You made your statement in jest, but it is actually profound... thank you...

#33     Aug 5, 2005
  4. #34     Aug 5, 2005
  5. An interesting read, but really of quite limited utility. That's just the nature of "psychology of trading" books. They can make you aware of your psychological reactions to certain situations, and "why" they occur, but when it comes to changing those reactions to more useful ones, you're on your own.

Personally, though I once thought otherwise, I don't even think the "psychology of trading" is really even worth investigating, beyond acquiring a cursory familiarity with it. When people are winning, how many of them are thinking about "the psychology of trading"? I think with a real winning methodology - not just what you think is a winning methodology "if only I could get my psychology right" - and one that you have confidence in, psychology barely enters the picture.

#35     Aug 17, 2005
  6. Trader makes a call, call goes right - "intuition"....

Trader makes a call, call goes wrong - "psychology of trading"...

#36     Aug 17, 2005
  7. LOL!

That's why psychologists make horrible traders -- Steenbarger and Elder cases in point.

#37     Aug 17, 2005