The Decider - Next goal Nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, May 27, 2006.

1. .

May 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: I hope he does not get carried way with his personal comparisons to former President Truman, otherwise “The Decider” might decide that the United States should drop another atomic bomb in Hiroshima, and Nagasaki – just for the hell of it.

“At West Point, Bush Draws Parallels With Truman”
    By ELISABETH BUMILLER
    Published: May 28, 2006
    The New York Times

WEST POINT, N.Y., May 27 — President Bush implicitly compared himself to Harry S. Truman in a commencement address at the United States Military Academy on Saturday, saying Truman acted boldly against the "fanatic faith" of cold war communism in the same way Mr. Bush's administration has responded to the threat of terrorism since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

"By the actions he took, the institutions he built, the alliances he forged and the doctrines he set down, President Truman laid the foundations for America's victory in the cold war," Mr. Bush told the class of 2006.

Mr. Bush has compared the struggle against communism to the current war against Islamic radicalism in previous speeches, but his address on Saturday was his most developed on the theme. He left it unsaid that Truman was deeply unpopular at the end of his two terms in office and that it took a generation to appreciate his achievements.

"Like the cold war, we are fighting the followers of a murderous ideology that despises freedom, questions all dissent, has territorial ambitions and pursues totalitarian aims," Mr. Bush said. He added that "like Americans in Truman's day, we are laying the foundations for victory."

The president made a passing but pointed reference to the present standoff with Iran over its nuclear ambitions. "The message has spread from Damascus to Tehran that the future belongs to freedom, and we will not rest until the promise of liberty reaches every people in every nation," Mr. Bush said. (SA: With the exception of "Taiwan" for obvious reasons)

…The president commended the academy for adapting to what he called the new form of warfare in the 21st century. West Point, he said, has added courses in counterinsurgency operations, intelligence and homeland security; expanded Arabic language training; and hired faculty members with expertise in Islamic law and culture. In addition, Mr. Bush praised the institution for its new Combating Terrorism Center and for establishing a minor in terrorism studies. (SA: And he reminded his audience on how well the new strategies are working in Iraq and in the United States.)

He reiterated that there was only one response to terrorism. "We will never back down, we will never give in, and we will never accept anything other than complete victory," he said. (SA: This new war on terrorism will go on forever or at least as long we can afford paying for it.)

The 861-member class, which includes 131 women, frequently responded with applause. (SA: That mean that they are ready to be shipped to Iraq.)

Mr. Bush was accompanied by Donald L. Evans, his former commerce secretary, who is a leading candidate to replace John W. Snow as Treasury secretary. Mr. Evans is spending the Memorial Day weekend with Mr. Bush at Camp David. (The current US government policies regarding economic matters will really be changed if Donald Evans – another oilman – becomes the new US Treasury secretary. Sure!!!!!)

2. jem

jem

I hope you are not into the b.s. revisionist history with the made up facts that claims the war was ending and the Japs would have surrendered. Hence we did not have to drop the bombs on Japan to save millions of lives.

Before you cite some of the baloney from a website or two that claims the Emporer was ready to surrender. Please do some comprehensive researh on the Emporer and his generals. We have played this game before on ET.

3. .

May 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: According to the New York Times article: “Mr. Bush has compared the struggle against communism to the current war against Islamic radicalism in previous speeches, but his address on Saturday was his most developed on the theme.

He said: Truman acted boldly against the "fanatic faith" of cold war communism in the same way Mr. Bush's administration has responded to the threat of terrorism from Islamic radicalism.”

The scary part is that George W. Bush has no understanding of the profound differences regarding a struggle against an ideology (communism) and a struggle or religious war against religious fanatics.

The United States has to figure out a way to punish the suicide bombers in the first place. How Americans can punish someone who just blows himself up into little pieces?

George W. Bush does not understand that simple difference and he thinks that he is fighting a similar enemy as in the cold war.

The scary part is that today the United States has a “Moron” in power who has the power and capability to order that the US military drop nuclear bombs anywhere around the world – including in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

As long “The Decider” is thinking that he is the reincarnation of former President Truman – the Japanese better watch out because he might decide to Nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki once again - remeber this guy does not play with a full deck of cards.

4. .

Jem: I hope you are not into the b.s. revisionist history with the made up facts that claims the war was ending and the Japs would have surrendered. Hence we did not have to drop the bombs on Japan to save millions of lives.

May 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: I wrote a number of times about this subject of the nuclear bombs that the US dropped in Japan at the end of WW II.

I never understood why the United States dropped the second bomb only 3 days later and did not give time for the Japanese to figure out what had just happened to them.

Remember they did not have Satellites and CNN News 24/7 in 1945 and took time for the news to get around – mainly when you are in the middle of a major war.

But today I know why the US dropped the second nuclear bomb in Japan – when just one was enough to do the trick - the two atomic bombs the US dropped in Japan were different of each other and the US had to test them to find out which design gave the better bang for the buck.

In my opinion, I still think that the second nuclear bomb was not necessary and I get sick when I see the results of the bombs when I see films showing what happened to the people in Japan where they dropped the nukes – they killed mostly civilians; women, senior citizens, and children.

5. Pabst

Pabst

Life's a bitch........

6. Yeah, be careful. Better watch out or someone, somewhere, is going to get it in their head for some reason that you're a real journalist.

7. .

Hapaboy:
    – the Japanese better watch out because he might decide to Nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki once again - remember this guy does not play with a full deck of cards.

Yeah, be careful. Better watch out or someone, somewhere, is going to get it in their head for some reason that you're a real journalist.

May 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: That was not a journalistic comment – it was just a "sarcastic comment" from someone who thinks that “The Decider” is a real “Moron” and a "Jackass."

I did not jump in the bandwagon lately – I have been consistent about my comments about George W. Bush for the last 5 years – I have been criticizing The Decider all along even when his approval ratings were in the 70 percent. I always thought he was a “Moron” and he has been confirming my point of view time after time.

In the last 5 years I did post a lot of stuff first in the “Charlie Rose Show” message board – and after that I started posting on the PBS message board – after a while I started referring to George W. Bush just as “The Moron” or “The Jackass” and some people from those message boards send me private emails saying that they thought was very funny the fact that I did not have to write the name of George W. Bush anymore – every time they saw the word Moron or Jackass on my postings they knew who I was referring to.

Today, I don’t have to reffer anymore to George W. Bush as often as I did as
    a “Moron” or a “Jackass” because the entire country knows that by now – and his approval ratings reflect that fact. It took a long time for the majority of the American people to catch up, but the rest of the world knew all along.

8. Is that what Bin Laden said on 9/11?