The debt ceiling vote.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I don't think they'll be happy indexing the debt ceiling to inflation. If indexing to inflation is all they want to do, that's fine.

Government jobs need to be at the same unemployment level as the private sector, and compensation also needs to be at the same level. [​IMG]

#11     Jan 7, 2011
  2. Without Bush's tax cuts ,medicare expansion,wars,new federal departments,bailouts etc we wouldnt be in this postion.Here's a guy who came into office with a budget surplus and leaves with a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit and the national debt doubled :mad:

#12     Jan 7, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

I would like to see the article, you mind posting it?

I am also very much for drastically cutting pentagon/military spending as well, so this would be a good start. If we arent even willing to guard our borders, it seems kind of useless spending all this money on intelligence. What is stopping someone from walking across the border with a bomb and wreaking havoc? I am astonished that it hasnt happened yet.

This is what i was alluding to in my original post, repubs dont want to cut pentagon/military spending, because of their base, so if the dems propose those cuts, and republicans propose some cuts on other things, like entitlement programs, and they all vote for it everyone is a winner and everyone can say their hands are tied.

One thing i have never understood about the right is their persistance in keeping military spending so high, you would think with all the wars the U.S. has fought over seas we would have learned that it is very hard to take over a country. Even if our military spending was only higher than the next 2 countries combined we would be spending more than enough to insure that no one was going to fuck with us, especially given the fact that our citizens are probably the most well armed in the world.

The thing is it is very hard for any army to win on someone else's turf, because when a person is essentially defending their right to live, they are willing to die for their cause. So if 1 person can sit in a tree stand waiting to take out 15 when they come through you can not win. People dont seem to get that about war. Look at how much money we are spending in afghanistan to fight an enemy which is basically operating with pea shooters compared to our technology. The only way someone could actually take over the U.S. is basically by using weapons of mass destruction, in which case what does it matter how many planes/ships/tanks we have.

#13     Jan 7, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

I agree with what you said, but your emoticons seem to be smoking alot of dope today, you better go buy them some doritos.

#14     Jan 7, 2011
  5. Hello

Hello

Obama's name hasnt come up once in this thread, yet you feel the need to defend him, note the fact that everyone in here has been attacking politicians in general as scumbags. Thats a problem with partisan hacks like you, you seem to think democrats are better, where as everyone else who posted on this thread up until now was sharing a disgust in politicians in general. Thats what i find funny about guys like you, most conservatives/libertarians share an overall dislike of politicians as a whole regardless of which side, where as guys like you actually think that every thing a democrat spends money on is good and everything a republican spends money on is bad.

And for the record, Bush was an idiot, i dont disagree, though i am starting to wonder how many times i will have to confirm this to you before you quit posting everywhere comparing Obama to Bush as if Bush was the Gold standard to measure Obamas competency.

#15     Jan 7, 2011
  6. I don't know what you were reading . I didn't mention Obama in my nor did I defend him :confused:

#16     Jan 7, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

You remind me of this retarded kid from the movie "Bad Santa," I am always left wondering whether you are as stupid as your posts would imply, or if you are just fucking with me.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/peJWxqEVXPY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/peJWxqEVXPY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

#17     Jan 7, 2011
  8. El bandito is one of my default icons. If there I don't see a relevant icon, I'll use my defaults.
    This next one is another one of my defaults. [​IMG]

#18     Jan 7, 2011