The Death of the Blackberry

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 11Blade

11Blade

Are we talking about the stock or the product?

Blackberries are evolving to meet the market's needs very well. I am on my 3rd generation blackberry and it has saved me many a client, dollar and deal.

The stock and company may have reached the law of large numbers and cannot deliver 30% growth BUT they are not a company going away. They have a touchscreen phone as an answer to the iPhone, they have small teen phones, business models and personal phones. adding GPS was genius.

Their P/E and PEG might suffer but their products are well designed and have evolved very well.

#31     Jun 26, 2008
  2. I just started to play around with the iPhone to see what the fuss is all about this damn gizmo since I am never much of a fan of Apple products. But damn this thing amazes me ever. If this thing expands to beyond a consumer product and also focuses on the business community, all the Palms and Blackberrys in the world are no match.

#32     Jun 26, 2008
  3. Maybe Obama should get a Nextel so he can grab those middle class blue collar votes LOL.

"Bleep bleep, Yo, 'dis is Obama for yo momma" LMBO

#33     Jun 26, 2008
  4. jasonjm

jasonjm

the upcoming exchange sync needs to work flawlessly

typing has to become much quicker

if iphone 2 can do these two items, it will hurt blackberry big time

until then pffftttt

would also be nice to see iphone on all providers

#34     Jun 26, 2008
  5. AC3

AC3

I have a few friends who use their Blackberrys for Bloomie ... was curious what your thoughts were on how well it worked.......

#35     Jun 26, 2008
  6. I love the black berry pearl it is great
    I dont have one but the people have are very happy with it
    I am planning to get one preety soon but FuckXXX sprint has it very expensive

#36     Jun 26, 2008
  7. iphone sales didn't even dent blackberry sales... Their miss was pretty obvious given the economic slowdown across the nation. However, they're expecting a BLOWOUT 2nd half. Yes, they said blowout, record breaking, etc.

But i'd like to see rimm burn

#37     Jun 26, 2008
  8. You RIMM followers may have had your day today. Price managed to pivot right at the 200 day moving average.

#38     Jul 1, 2008
  9. L-3 Communications (symbol: LLL) is coming out with the L-3 "Guardian" which is an encrypted BlackBerry with all of the bells and whistles!

Think that Pentagon, the DoD, the NSA, the CIA, the White House. and other Federal agencies as well as some investment bankers will want one of these?

:D

#39     Jul 1, 2008
  10. Blackberries are a corporate need they will never go away! Everyday on the Metra 65 percent of the people on my car have their blackberry out!

P.S. I'm posting this from my blackberry and u don't even wanna know from where!!!!

#40     Jul 1, 2008