The Death of the Blackberry

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jun 26, 2008.

1. The cold hard fact is that there are many competing devices. Each competing device has a better price, more features and simply better. However, my bet is that people are just about sick of Blackberries interupting their dinner just as they were sick of those Nextels interupting their dinner.

Plus, those Blackberries are way big and need to be worn on a belt almost like your batman. Not too cool having to carry around that brick.

RIMM is just like Wang labs where it takes off, it has its day and then its done. When its done, its done.

Take a look at today's price and that will be the last time you see it at these high prices. In a short time, we will see much better discounted pricing...that is... on the common stock of RIMM.

#21     Jun 26, 2008
  2. I am Batman

#22     Jun 26, 2008
  3. they said that about the ipod and macbooks

#23     Jun 26, 2008
  4. So how much are you short? Or you are just playing analyst?

#24     Jun 26, 2008
  5. newtoet

newtoet

Wow, you really are too ignorant to be posting. You must be terrified that the 50 share short you put on will turn against you.

"Each competing device has a better price, more features and simply better."

Every competing device is better? Wow, how will they ever sell ANOTHER BB?

"Plus, those Blackberries are way big and need to be worn on a belt almost like your batman. Not too cool having to carry around that brick."

Dude - go to your local cellular store and take a look. This is just stupid and tells me you can't do basic research...

Again, BB is entrenched in the corporate world. We can revisit this thread in 12-18 months, and I think RIMM and BB will be just fine.

#25     Jun 26, 2008
  6. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

just wait until telepathy matures. all these devices will be dead.

"Daddy, you mean you had to carry around a little box just to talk to someone?" "Yes my dear, and it was the best of times."

#26     Jun 26, 2008
  7. stu

stu

...you know it's funny, I thought you'd say that.

#27     Jun 26, 2008
  8. jem

jem

I think think palm treos are even more user friendly. And with unlimited talk and data for under 150 a month I do not need my email pushed to me because I have it all in gmail - which works great over the phone. I find google maps and gmail to be particularly useful set of tools.

#28     Jun 26, 2008
  9. allin

allin

Jem,

No offense but palms are unreliable devices. They constantly lock up and have terrible battery life. I used to have a Treo 700w, then a 700p and now I've got a Blackberry pearl which never locks up. Just my 2 cents.

#29     Jun 26, 2008
  10. jasonjm

jasonjm

I dont get it... if you are doing your job properly, and are honest, what can be "used against you" in emails....

I send and receive 500 emails a day, and if I had to use phone calls, i would cut my revenue in half.

blackberry makes me huge $$$

BTW - have you guys ever heard of a power button? you dont want your blackberry to bug you, turn if off - duhhhhhhhh

BTW i work in technology, and for corporate environment, nothing comes close to the blackberry as of yet.

#30     Jun 26, 2008