The Death of the Blackberry

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jun 26, 2008.

1. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

just bought 2 for my kids. it is the rage amongst 7-9 yr olds. if your kids do not have a bb, they'll be shunned.

#11     Jun 26, 2008
  2. WOW! This sounds like the rant of a jealous high school kid or something. Get over it, buddy.

Sounds like someone needs to quit whining and wear headphones if they have a problem. For SOME people, getting emails instantly is important. It's not about being "cool" or being a "tool."

#12     Jun 26, 2008
  3. How many shares you short and at what price?

#13     Jun 26, 2008
  4. I doubt he was short before earnings since he had nothing to say about RIMM yesterday

#14     Jun 26, 2008
  5. Well, he is convicted enough to make a post about "the death of blackberry", then he must short some shares rather before or after earnings since he believe blackberry is another fad like Monster energy drinks.

#15     Jun 26, 2008
  6. I need a device that I can get email on, so maybe i'm a tool.
    I have been using high end pocket PCs running windows mobile for the last couple of years. I just got a blackberry curve. I love it. It is way easier to use, battery lasts longer, has built in free GPS, I can log into my bloomberg on it, and all kinds of other cool shit.

#16     Jun 26, 2008
  7. Um I wish him good luck if he is short cause he will need it. RIMM will rebound huge as it always does.

#17     Jun 26, 2008
  8. Face it fellas. No device lasts forever. Its time to fold the flag over this momo, its done, over.

#18     Jun 26, 2008
  9. Oh, I figured it out. You didn't realize that they make new devices that are better than the old ones. The one I just got is way better than the one I had 5 years ago. Apparently the company benefits from these new devices as people upgrade their old ones and they make money on that or something.

#19     Jun 26, 2008
  10. Stock - I am not an expert, but here is a take that came to me this morn.

RIMM has been one of the few bellwether stocks synonymous with the Tech Market. They are a MOMO (high growth) stock that has done SUPERB over the years.

But there seems to be a bit of a falter. AAPL is making inroads and the high P/E may no longer justify as blow out earnings come down.

Don't take me wrong I could be off by as much as 2 years, but if it falls much out of favor - along with dragging the tech sector lower you may see more than just a haircut and it may be permanent.

Take courage in that old leaders are always replaced by new ones - but NEVER fall that much in love with a stock.

paysense

#20     Jun 26, 2008