The Death of TA???

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by marketsurfer, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Refresh allows you to pass:

Just made to top 20

(44/65)

#11     Apr 4, 2007
  2. You: Score=99.6679, Percent=69% (34 / 49)
    Market: Score=95.9553, Percent=50%

#12     Apr 4, 2007
  3. What looks artificial? Click it.. It’s real stock price data :) I was wrong 18 of the first 20 attempt. I had to change my strategy, after 73 attempts my score is at 53%.

#13     Apr 4, 2007
  4. billy123

billy123

Is this actually an issue? Does a trader need to have an answer to this question to be successful? In other words, what are we interested in: making predictions or money?

#14     Apr 4, 2007
  5. traderob

traderob

You: Score=99.1811, Percent=76% (16 / 21)
    Market: Score=97.6623, Percent=50%

#15     Apr 4, 2007

6. Well yes and no. I would love to know what the dow is going to close at today. Will TA do that, nope. However I can still get into a trend and make money using TA, so I agree. I am just saying that TA like many other trading styles does not predict the markets. My best trades are usually fading a rally using the most rudimentary analysis; a failure to reach a higher high.

#16     Apr 4, 2007
  7. dac8555

dac8555

i really dont understand what the website validates.

I use TA..but if i see a chart that i dont understand, i simply pass it by. let me rephrase that

"if a group of people are acting in a randon and unpredicatable way that i dont understand, i dont try to step in and get beaten up by them".

If a chart was made by a stock or if it was a single person, there is still human intervention producing patterns. we may not understand all of these patterns..and that is OK.

On top of that, trading is NOT one element. It is mutiple elements. I use risk control, charting, fundamantlas, and economics together...in that order. If i am off on one..well, such is life.

#17     Apr 4, 2007
  8. No one needs to know the exact price a market will turn to make profit, they only need to know the direction price is going at any given point in time and the target for that direction.

Of course this is way too easy and makes too much sense for it to actually work.:D :cool: :D

#18     Apr 5, 2007
  9. LOL, sounds good to me.
    I can see you're up to old tricks again, eh surf? :confused:

That's OK, at this point, anything other than a ******* thread is a good thing! :D

BTW, I kept clicking the right graph until I got to 50%, what ya think about dem apples???#! :p

Jimmy Jam

P.S. How's that thread disrupting hottie? :cool:

#19     Apr 6, 2007
  10. should add an extra plot of the %daily change. This way, you can quickly tell which chart is random and which is real. The real ones have large one day anomalies in % change(leptokurtic), whereas random ones have pretty even distribution of values(gaussian). I would bet that given this optional chart display, the average correct guess would be >90% for the same charts.

Most fractal books (like mandelbrot chaos in markets) show this comparison.

#20     Apr 6, 2007