The death of Microsoft

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by prt_systems, Oct 20, 2005.

1. LOL

#191     Nov 3, 2005
  2. """It's clear that if we fail to do so, our business as we know it is at risk," Mr. Ozzie concluded, "We must respond quickly and decisively."

The emails are the clearest evidence yet of how seriously the company views the threats posed by a new generation of fast-changing Internet services. Mr. Gates compares the situation to two earlier times of crisis for the company -- the initial advent of the Web, described as "the Internet Tidal Wave" in a 1995 memo from Mr. Gates, and a shift to Internet-focused software development in 2000, the focus of another high-profile internal memo.""

Well, now you even have someone internal to the company admitting that their business model is at risk ..... still you have this annoying problem of the company raising prices while its competitors are undercutting it in several areas.

I'm not sure that his time around - versus - 1996 - that customers and partners are as willing to fund $softs efforts, especially in light of the treatment they have received from bullmer and the internal channel development people.

#192     Nov 9, 2005
  3. Amen.

Particularly in the light of screwing the 5 Million or so VB developpers by providing no path forward for them. (VB .Net is a crippled product)

:eek:

#193     Nov 9, 2005
  4. Well .... I think that this is just another reason there are alternatives cropping up. I think that once you start to lose credibiltiy with your customers and partners then you really need to radically change your business model. .

...people dont forget when a vendor has failed to behave or perform adequately if there are lower cost alternatives ..... If you are the luxury solution with respect to price and you treat customers and partners poorly then you cant expect that they will continue to beat a path to your door ....

#194     Nov 9, 2005