The death of credit cards? buy PAY

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Nothing new under the sun. When you buy in a drives in (order online then pick-up), the shop knows exactly what you bought before and can propose you promotion on these items. (before they were/are shop fidelity cards which provided this information).

The challenge is more that you buy goods that you are not used to, goods that you did not planned for.

#21     Oct 10, 2012
  2. I use to live in a little small midwestern town that had only one grocery store. And they had a deal, if you swiped your card it would offer you deals on your last purchase. I know it was customized, because mine always said, "50 cents off your next purchase of a bag of organic black beans, 35 cents off your next purchase of mushrooms, and 15 cents off your next purchase of blue cheese."

The fat guy in line behind me probably got a coupon that said, "50 cents off your next case of Diet Coke."

#22     Oct 10, 2012
  3. I don't see anyone using phones as wallets except asians. What happens if you lose your phone? Now some hacker has access to all your info. However asians love retarded tech stuff. Could be big in asia

#23     Oct 10, 2012
  4. they use phones out in the remote areas of Mali to pay instead of credit cards. Makes it much easier on the seller. That's the difference between Africa and the United States. We are always looking for ways to make it easy for the buyer.

#24     Oct 10, 2012
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Um.... if you leave your credit card behind....

(psss, the solution is - you call it in and the provider cancel the access).

What is wrong with you.

#25     Oct 11, 2012

6. its nothing new. this has been planned for a long time now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57TddAv780

many companies have already developed this technology for example applied digital solutions ADSX. hr 3590, hr 4792 already guarantees this as your only possibility for healthcare once implemented. they are preparing for the controlled demolition of the USD, where the new currency will be taking the form of a digital message. this has been planned since the time of FDR as he destroyed the agri business for small farmers in place of a more centralized big business loop of mega farms.

I live in a land where all of my neighbors produce crop and we have everything here and most of it is all organic because its not for sale. there is supposedly a big crisis here, we are always on the news, but I have yet to see the crisis with my own eyes. with such an abundance of some of the worlds best food, with also our mountains producing an endless supply of excellent water I cannot see the people of this land submitting to any force short of violent, and even then, they will have big problems. we are no pussies. we are independent and we have guns. if we die, we will die free men. if americans will just sit back and watch their liberties fought for with the blood and sweat of their forefathers taken by deciet, surprise and trickery, without a fight. so be it.

freedom is and has never been something granted by a state, if it can be taken from you, it was never yours to begin with, and never would a non-person or a slave be worthy of such a sacred thing.

#26     Oct 11, 2012
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks. This is a solid emerging tech. The kids will jump on it.

#27     Oct 11, 2012
  8. No doubt, now we need to find a way to best profit from it. It's gonna happen in a big way. just don't know when.

#28     Oct 11, 2012
  9. hughb

hughb

PAY has been on my short sale watch list since it made a new low in the week ending 09/28/2012. In the last 6 months or so, it's had about a half dozen days of sell offs on much larger than usual volume. I took the plunge this morning and shorted it at 30.29. Disclaimer: I'm the worst short seller in the world.

#29     Oct 23, 2012
  10. hughb

hughb

Thestreet.com rates PAY as a buy and Motley Fool likes it as well. It looks like me against the world here....

#30     Oct 26, 2012