The death of credit cards? buy PAY

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Sep 27, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

2. yeah, good point. No one really knows what the future holds.

I liked pets.com--- got food from them for my golden, much cheaper and easier than heading to the pet store, but still can't figure out how they delivered those heavy bags for so cheap..... :D

#12     Sep 27, 2012
  3. Whoa, i would venture this is stretching things just a little. surf

#13     Sep 27, 2012
  4. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

But you are claiming you do: "it seems like a done deal."

No?

(as for pets.com - of course it was awesome; and I don't think they figured out how to deliver those heavy bags so cheaply either)

#14     Sep 27, 2012
  5. Yes, that is my opinion but its based on what I see. Google is already in nearly every walmart check out lane, as well as paypal being transitioned to POS terminals. surf

#15     Sep 27, 2012
  6. :cool: coming soon. very soon.

#16     Sep 27, 2012
  7. sle

sle

Sorry, what exactly is "dying"? Card is nothing more then a delivery system, it's the credit aspect that matters. So, instead of credit "cards", it will be credit "accounts" or whatever - the model is still the same...

#17     Sep 27, 2012
  8. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. I think people will not have the card in the purse and the wallet no more to make purchase. The new technology is saying you still have credit and debit, but no more cards to use. You link your credit card to the phone, so no more swipe. And with this smart phone they will use fingerprints scan so is really easy with no log in, no password, no username, no secret questions to security to answer.

#18     Sep 27, 2012
  9. The different part is consumers will be tracked by merchants so offers can be beamed to them as the enter the store, merchant will know your habits as soon as you enter--- good or bad? Depends on who you ask

#19     Sep 30, 2012
  10. maybe that's why they always treat me as "Dip shit tightwad who never spends his money on anything"

on the otherhand when I go to the bar, all the beautiful girls want to wait on me, because my profile is posted in big bold letters, "BIG TIPPER."

#20     Sep 30, 2012