The Daytrader Stigma

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Corso482, Oct 21, 2002.

1. I don't care much. I take consolation in the fact that I am probably making a few times what the guys who's asking. My grandma still thinks that I'm going to the track betting on the horses though. Everyone else is supportive. They want me to trade their money, even fraternity brothers of mine.

#11     Oct 22, 2002
  2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

When someone asks you what you do, say that you run a private hedge fund. Sounds alot better.

#12     Oct 22, 2002
  3. Hey Praetorian2---- you have frat brothers ??? If you have frat brothers I take it that you are not in the trading game for the long term........ am I right ??

#13     Oct 22, 2002
  4. JWS11

JWS11

I usually say that I am a trader and most relatives think I am a broker.

Since I don't particularly care for that affiliation, I repeat that I trade futures and options, and then their eyes roll a bit and they change the subject :)

We need to elect our own President - that's how the actors finally got some respect :p

#14     Oct 22, 2002
  5. TKO, I'm long term, and starting my own fund in a few weeks. Having a social life doesn't mean that I can't make money.

#15     Oct 22, 2002
  6. He's right. He trades between keg stands :)

#16     Oct 22, 2002
  7. Ha ha ha , that was a good one CORSO!! :D :D ,,,,, but really i dont mean to be an asshole,,, but who would waste their time in college if they are making lots of money trading?? surely you have to be in college to be in a frat - right ?? I was never in with the frat boys club so i dont really know :D :D

#17     Oct 22, 2002
  8. My dad is forcing me to graduate. I have no choice.

#18     Oct 22, 2002
  9. oh

#19     Oct 22, 2002
  10. LOL.... graduation is a good thing. remember that !

best,

surf:)

#20     Oct 22, 2002