The day when the recording industry died

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Jun 30, 2007.

1. It is his music and if he wants to distribute it in such a way then why not?
    Also, if you are making music because you want to earn big $$$$ then maybe you are in it for the wrong reasons.

#11     Jun 30, 2007
  2. I was talking about Sony and Warner, Zomba, MCA, Verity ........ I was involved with a number of artists back in the late 90's getting deals.... I read the contracts....

Artsist dont GET screwed, they screw themselves..... BOTTOM LINE No one can put a gin to your head and say TAKE this deal.. it's up to you.. Does someone tell you what to trade or do you make that decision YOURSELF. I get sick of ... The artists get screwed.... They have a voice... Dont use, you SCREW YOURSELF..... They merely provided the Lube.....

I may mix for smaller groups/labels, but I worked with Majors befre I got smaller.... I chose the smaller route becuase these guys have passion. The major deals are putting out CRAP artists these days. I got tired of working on JUNK, and getting a gold plaque off of JUNK....

I Love Music. Period. Thats why I got in the game... I Love engineering... Thats why I woke up and made it my career. I started trading to "Hedge" my earnings... Now I do both because I love them both, and I am fortunate enough to make money doing both....

Bottom Line No One makes YOUR CHOICES for you......

#12     Jun 30, 2007
  3. ahem :p

#13     Jul 1, 2007