The Day Trading Thread

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarkBrown, Jun 4, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

@MarkBrown, are there going to be any actual trade calls in this thread?

#11     Jun 4, 2019
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

still the results would have to be independently audited by a recognized firm because even what you are asking for can be faked.

#12     Jun 4, 2019
    Peter10, SimpleMeLike and traderslair like this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i started out as a day trader went to swing trading professionally and now back to day trading. with 24 hour markets i am just a very short term trader, mostly in the regular day session.

#13     Jun 4, 2019
    NQurious, trader99 and SimpleMeLike like this.
  4. destriero

destriero

Take a pic of your PC's front-end with your phone showing the daily PNL. The time stamp will show that photoshopping (HOW?) is not possible in the time between pic and post. You can redact the account number. It's been done, Bro. Anything else is excuses.

TL;DR? No PNL forthcoming bc it can be faked?

Here. Take a pic and edit-out your positions. You can clearly see my account number and it was posted within three minutes of the headlines hitting the wire (bottom right). I've posted dozens. Fake? Wanna bet?

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/es-journal-2019-2020.328086/page-284#post-4827663

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    #14     Jun 4, 2019
  5. Thanks for response.

I am crude oil day trader. I like it because can trade during regular session and after market hours.

#15     Jun 4, 2019
    Peter10 and MarkBrown like this.
  6. toucan

toucan

Mark....What are you looking for out of this thread?

cheers
    toucan

#16     Jun 4, 2019
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

actually i was hoping to deliver some of my thoughts and hopefully run across some fresh ideas?

i see many people who wreck at trading, i think most of those wrecks are caused from lack of a plan, poor management and really not understanding where you are in the structure of the market.

like i was telling someone today when the market gaps lower on the daily you should be looking for opportunity that coincides with a market looking to rebound that gap. i think as day traders many get tangled up with micro momentum moves and have no big picture guidance.

#17     Jun 4, 2019
    NQurious and SimpleMeLike like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

Mark, since you're transmitting via microwave we can assume that you'll not be posting any of these trades? Just some end of day hero stuff? Too high freq? How about a blotter? PNL? Bueller?

#18     Jun 4, 2019
  9. toucan

toucan

Thanks

#19     Jun 4, 2019
  10. volpri

volpri

Well I suppose you will remain an unbeliever LOL.

But why don’t you be a daisy and test it out on a sim. Find large gap open bull or bear gap. Pay attention to first, second, or third reversal attempts. Do they fail? Is a range forming with overlapping bars? That is, once the attempt is made to close the gap does the other side stop that attempt? If so, while on a sim, if the opening gap was bullish begin going long and adding as market moves against you and getting out at the top 1/3 of the range. It the gap was down then short and add as it moves against and exit (cover) in bottom third of the range.

Test on sim only.

If it doesn’t stop going against you and a BO occurs exit all positions double up and go in the BO direction once the BO shows itself to be a successful BO.

#20     Jun 4, 2019
    traderslair likes this.