The Day Traders Are Back, Now Playing With Options

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, May 12, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Personally I find just the opposite, easier to trade now but more difficult to be profitable.

#31     May 15, 2019
    LacesOut likes this.
  2. LacesOut

LacesOut

On the whole, I can see that as well (harder to be profitable).
    The inefficiencies that used to exist are just not there or there for much shorter periods of time. I assume that’s what you mean?

Fortunately my results are good so nothing more than a few minor tweaks to the system here and there...

Honestly - Controlling my emotions has been the key to winning. It’s the hardest part of trading, for me. Still.

Once I learned to limit size (for years I was swinging for the fences and it made me an emotional wreck) and control my emotions, I began to find long term, repeatable success.

#32     May 15, 2019
    Aged Learner likes this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Yes. I have traded the same underlying since 2013. They are thinly traded, not a whole lot of volume.

#33     May 16, 2019
  4. I have been trading options since 1999, and while I don't drive a Bugatti I do ok. I survived stupid drawdowns,and no longer trade that way. I love that idiots are trading their 1 lot. It's not possible in the UK, but I'd be happy if it was.(OK -aside from IB) Regulators in the UK know that most market retail participants lose their money in a matter of months. This is a thin disguise for the fact that they want everyone in managed funds to keep the dumb money in the greasy palms of the dumb institutions. I post a real trade every week- over 130 to date at: optionsinvesting.co.uk

#34     May 19, 2019
  5. LacesOut

LacesOut

Nothing wrong with trading 1 lots.
    Ideally you want to trade with enough capital to trade multiple lots, but 1 lots are just fine.

Many years ago I turned 3k into 15k using 1 lots in less than 3 months. Making about 70 trades. From this I developed my trading philosophy.

1 lots are fine.

#35     May 19, 2019
  6. You can only do that with US stocks -lucky you.

#36     May 25, 2019