The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. How does it make you feel to see these traders being blocked in their progress because of their own psychogical/spiritual issues?

#61     Feb 25, 2015
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There's no contradiction here as few simtraders trade sim emotionally. If they do, then imagining that one is on sim isn't going to help.

#62     Feb 25, 2015
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Doesn't make me feel anything. But then I have a Ph.D. in psychology. One learns to maintain objectivity.

#63     Feb 25, 2015
  4. Oh well, then it is your field!

#64     Feb 25, 2015

5. That's one F'd up person to get emotional on a simulator. PLEASE keep this person away from the financial markets--- it's a disaster waiting to happen. surf

#65     Feb 25, 2015
  6. cornix

cornix

Agree with you Surf, but it still looks to me that prior to doing well on simulator one better have a real edge, which is the hardest part.

#66     Feb 25, 2015
  7. I have to agree with you here, that what this person needs is not a trusted plan,
    BUT some serious psychological AND spiritual work.
    The person should not be discouraged, but courageously work on himself:
    he should realise he is lucky to have met trating, as now he can really work on himself
    sort all his issues and move to a much better place long term.

#67     Feb 25, 2015
  8. cornix

cornix

There's some reason in DB's words I think. Truly responsible person sure would get emotional when testing things on realistic simulator, because it effectively shows the "edge" or "no edge" outcome of experiment.

#68     Feb 25, 2015
  9. And while working on himself psychologically AND spiritually, the person might want to continue on the simulator with a trading coach practicing over and over again the same method and approach.

It looks like my "psy" shop will benefit some people. But then,
    I am finishing this book, then correcting it, etc... then seminars,
    then I am travelling, then I am checking some start-ups I am pushing...
    This thread is keeping it clearly : get the "psy" shop opened!!!!

#69     Feb 25, 2015
  10. I am glad that trading is not rocket science!!!

#70     Feb 25, 2015