The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Some people believe that Forex Trading is much safer because of some characteristics of Forex, something called a closed system.
    However, it is clear that one needs to clock in the screen hours, and the experience when it comes to trading : one can then get the list of mistakes, and work on each mistake; and there are so many mistakes to make in trading, that one needs a lot of practice.

#601     Sep 6, 2017
  2. Sprout

Sprout

Thanks for asking.

I've been blessed with many peak experiences in my life - those moments of perfection where everything is perfect, whole and complete. Understanding Jack's writings and getting through to the other side from incomprehensible frustration to a Clarity of Understanding has been a fascinating transformative journey.

The MADA process is a foundational pillar. One which I've been actively engaging the ES since January. Doing the process by pencil and paper was essential in getting to the point of "Knowing that you Know". These flashes of insight at trading trigger moments and then having PA follow through consistently is priceless. My progress accelerated when sleep was actively engaged as part of the learning process.

I'm so grateful; the last several weeks have been filled with tears of Joy, feelings of gratitude, satisfaction and a deep abiding fulfillment. It's been a journey of discovery and profoundly as I look at new horizons wonder why did I made it so difficult when ease, flow, acceptance and the path of least resistance would have gotten me to this state of well-being easier and sooner - and it was all necessary exactly as it was.

For any following the path Jack trail-blazed, the view is breathtaking and worth the cost. It is a bargain beyond belief.

I'm here to support any who undertake the effort.

Cheers!

#602     Sep 6, 2017
    Grantx likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

The Law of Attraction
    The Law of Deliberate Creation
    The Law of Allowing or sometimes referred to as The Art of Allowing.

Best to hear it in Abraham's words
    http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php

One's Vibrational Point of Attraction (VPOA) makes all the difference.

Cheers!

#603     Sep 6, 2017
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Meditation is a tried an true way of Self-discovery from what are distractions to what's Real.

#604     Sep 6, 2017
  5. What I have discovered is many struggling traders are just afraid of doing meditation: some even get angry at the mere suggestion of it.
    Obviously, it is then futile to talk about other existing methods ( Hicks, etc).

Very courageous of you to use Jack's method. How long did it take you to go through it?

#605     Sep 6, 2017
  6. Piptaker

Piptaker

That's awesome I'm happy that you've found a way to put price and vol into a process... I know it takes serious work to go through what you have and that's not including the inner work that you've done on yourself also.. brilliant...

#606     Sep 6, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  7. Piptaker

Piptaker

You are correct.... one aspect that most traders fail to realize is that the forex market is structured to take your money .;)

#607     Sep 6, 2017
  8. I do not believe that it is the market that takes a trader's money,
    but that it is the trader who gives the money to the market. ;)

I am just now, finding out more about "urges" that leads a trader
    to give the money to the market. And most importantly, now, how to tackle "urges".

Forex is a great vehicle to accumulate money.
    Only hic: I did not know of the many ways the psychology/"spirituality" could
    come and F$'%K up an account.

Now, it is all about tackling "urges". Does Hick has anything on the subject ?

#608     Sep 16, 2017
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Yes. Your current urge is the result of the momentum you've created with your vibrational environment. In other words, our thoughts and feelings have a habitual nature. To change those requires changing one's vibrational offering so that the new vibrational offering attracts better feeling thoughts. The thoughts will inspire actions that arise from a better feeling place.

To create different "urges" requires refocusing vibrationally. The process is known as 'going general' for the purpose of creating a 'rampage of appreciation.'

Which I have to say are one of the best ways to start a day!

This is more a Q&A on 'urges' but there's some really good rampages set to music by searching YouTube.

#609     Sep 16, 2017
  10. Piptaker

Piptaker

Very good. So what do you think are the reasons why a trader loses his/her money in a market?

#610     Sep 16, 2017