The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I'll need to add for this trip, "as well as finding out more about the musical interpretation" of spiritual practices.

Really superbe interpretation of a very classic Catholic prayer!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    #571     Jul 30, 2017
  2. How did I miss these last "changes" about Enigma.

#572     Jul 30, 2017
  3. Thanks to Enigma, I am finding out more about "Kyrie Eleison" ( God have mercy). Surely, there must be something to learn : after all the Bible does talk about human nature, and human nature does not change.
    I am also realising that many times, I have been calling "God have mercy" ( :D :D :D).
    I really love this song

Now "Kyrie Eleison" appears in the Old Testament and the New one.
    The old one, many times in the Psalms of David. This I will watch later on.
    Also, in the Book of Isaiah. Might as well find out about this book

a bit more difficult to understand:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    #573     Aug 7, 2017
  4. Sprout

Sprout

LOA is powerful when you go to the original popularized source material of The teachings of Abraham presented by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The concepts when applied are life transforming.
    It goes way deeper into the concept of vibration when originally published in the unedited classic Think and Grow Rich. It is also the power behind the the movie "The Secret". However, there are two versions, one with Abraham and one without. The one without is the just like the edited TAGR with the missing essential key. The power of emotions is quantified and contextualized and completely opposite of what CW prescribes as necessary for experiencing consistent success in any endeavor.

In the context as a trader, where I am in the spectrum of emotions informs me when I lose my orientation of being on the right side of the market.

Discovering and working with One's Vibrational Point of Attraction (VPOA) is a fundamental turning point in the quality of one's daily experience of life, their relationships and achieving the satisfaction and durable fulfillment of one's desires.

#574     Aug 7, 2017
    Piptaker likes this.
  5. Sprout : how long have you been using Hicks's approaches? Did you notice any difficulties when using these?

#575     Aug 7, 2017
  6. Really interesting to find the Isaiah verse where "Kyrie Eleison" ( God has mercy, God be gracious to us).
    "Kyrie Eleison" might be associated with a time of problems, challenges.

Quiet funny that Enigma "Kyrie Eleison" depicts a nuclear bomb on a city. I first thought of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The tempo is really superbe.

#576     Aug 7, 2017
  7. Looks like studying the Bible helps with trading patience. So I've been waiting all day for this mega move; and this was not the right day. Thanks to Bible study, I just accepted the situation.
    May be Wednesday for this move? Who knows may be friday ? The Bible keeps me patient.

So other place where "Kyrie Eleison" appeared a lot: The Tobit story.

( intello version)

( version I understand better )

( the Catho short version)

( intello - religious version)

Can't find the gangsta rapper who is also getting into the Bible with the Tobit story!!!
    Now, if even rappers are getting in the Bible, I might as well keep studying it very well.

This Enigma song "Kyrie Eleison", with a kind of strange creature

Interesting, Russia has released their photos of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings.
    Need to check these out.

I should have studied Theology/Divinity.
    I'd never guessed it helped in trading. "Spirituality" at its finest.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    #577     Aug 7, 2017
  8. I might also reflect on the Book of Job, as apparently there are some similarities.

I really wasted time not studying the Bible when I started trading : I'd have developed extreme
    patience so much more quickly. But who knows, may be the Bouddhist retreats were really what put me on the right path. Who knows.

#578     Aug 7, 2017
  9. Piptaker

Piptaker

Indeed very real and very powerful.

I've seen some of Esther she's amazing.

You know one of the biggest mistakes people make is not being happy and grateful with their current situation, they are always wanting for something different which also leads to not enjoying the present moment they're in . They fail to realize their current situation is only a manifestation of past wanting's, intentions and desires.

#579     Aug 7, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  10. Piptaker : how do you explain that more than millions of people have been into Hicks 's materials, have applied it and simply did not get what they wanted. Could it be that there is more to that? As the same applies to the number of people who've gone through the Napoleon Hill, the Tony Robbins, etc. Some people say that these massages people's EGO, but does not deal with the core issues.

But strangely, not that many people manage to do the "dhamma.org" ( actually free), and very few do it as many times as required ( if I am remembering well about the US stats, less than 10% of Americans do it a second time). But strangely, these type of Bouddhist retreats get people into a state where they feel they are getting ahead. It has to be said that their retreats are not easy to do. But from my own personal experience, I'd say they are the most effective.

#580     Aug 9, 2017