The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Piptaker

Piptaker

When a trader finally admits to themselves that they actually don't know what they're doing and they need to be in more control of their trading (confronting the ego) only then will they open themselves up to real learning and the gaining of knowledge which is needed to be a successful trader. This is the reason traders just continue to go round and round in circles...

You need to have a system or style to focus on in place or you will be trading more from a profit and loss mindset (perspective).
    Trading from a pnl prospective takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride, you lose focus of your system,you trade impulsively,trading plan disappears,you become extremely anxious and the outcome of losing money takes over and engulfs your process.

#561     Jun 2, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  2. Thanks piptaker for your concerns. The thing is : trading is actually going pretty well.
    I did cock up then, and it was not the end of the world, as the issue was sorted.

May I just say that when things in trading do not go well: do look first to the psychology/spirituality. Trading plans are plenty out there ( trading is not rocket science), but working the psychology/spirituality
    well : not so widespread.

#562     Jun 7, 2017
  3. First thing first : THANK YOU again. :) :) :)

I am just realizing that effectively I am not updating as copiously as I used to my psy thread.
    I wish I could put in here foreign languages speeches/sketches/films, as these are the one I am into nowdays. Many religious based, or "bouddhist" based.
    Funnily enough, the more one detach from money, and the better one's trading goes. Go figure this out.

I have now also found some "guinea pig" to test some theory on the LOA.
    I did warn those to stay clear of this LOA thing till one understands it well, but to no avail. I might as well find out in real life more about it, via these extremely "spiritually" reckless kamikaze .:sneaky:

#563     Jun 10, 2017
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

Your right plenty of methods and plans out there which all make money, it's your personnel self destructive tendencies that have to be removed. (work on yourself)

I know a few pro traders personally and they all have the same things in common. They understand order flow,the true nature of the market (have the knowledge which is put into action)and have built strategies around it (I don't mind expanding if you wish). They're also very positive (don't associate with negative people), humble, grateful and honest.

#564     Jun 10, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  5. Piptaker

Piptaker

According to LOA concepts I think you have to be clear on what you want then it will give you the people to get you there the quickest, but you still have to be mindful, aware and recognize it being presented and then you also need to act(make use of).

#565     Jun 10, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  6. Let me think about the LOA aspects you are pointing out.

I am not astonished that pro traders have a personality characterized by:
    - positivity : trading mindset is very important, so removing stress ( negativity is a vector of stress) is a must
    - humility: the market losses do instill humility to traders
    - grateful: indeed.
    - honest : trading makes one self-honest and honest

#566     Jun 11, 2017
    Sprout likes this.
  7. Reducing spreads values.
    So far, the stats are :
    - 300 trades.
    - p&l losses ( counting spreads and commish): 3 265$ ( of these losses 15k paid in spreads and commish)
    - gross win ( counting spreads and commish) : 8 336$
    -gross losses : 11 500$ ( spreads and commish included)

- cost of trading, aka spreads and commissions : 15 757$

Realizing that yep it is great that they top up the account with "extra credits" or "loans",
    bu the spreads are 6 times higher than normal( ?) brokers.
    So a loss of around $3k, instead of a profit - with your good broker of around $10k !!!! I just feel stupid for some reasons.

Now, I understand why changing broker is important.
    All the more that the trading capital has to be increased.

#567     Jun 13, 2017
  8. Looks like I'll need to start researching closely some US stocks !!!!

Just finding out that their FBI has now updated their website, adding a special section for
    "public corruption". https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/public-corruption :D :D :D
    I guess whenever a company is flagged "fbi investigated for corruption", its stock should plummet. After all,
    a certain Cohen, god of trading, suddenly lost his trading abilities following insider trading charges;
    and the stock prices of some companies closely linked to himself just melted like an ice cream in the sun.

Regarding your question.
    The person I brought the mum in : yes he can be corrupted easily, as he indeed demonstrated that he did get "infiltrated" and "participated" in some kind of "non godly" practices. Yes, he certainly knows about who are involved in the 5 year old kid's rape, but obviously he won't talk, and will deny; that is expected. If you have young kids in your family( your own, or family members) simply do not get near. better you try a non-EU based practitioners for your own safety, or just do
    assume he is "infiltrated" and take your own chances.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    #568     Jun 28, 2017
  9. I was first thinking of dropping this thread, and creating a new one.
    So, now, as the psy-aspects of trading are sorted ( anyway look like sorted), I 'll use this thread to document in what ways exploring world spas/ as well as world "spiritual practices" help a trader 's mindset.

So that will be the next 12 months of travelling : checking out each places spas AND religious practices or spiritual practices - specifically retreats. Main reason : curiosity.

Just gathering a list of places not to miss.
    Obviously, redoing "the chateau" will be on the list.

#569     Jul 30, 2017
  10. The key for good travelling time: peace of mind
    So, one needs to choose very well these magnificant recording devices :D :D :D

and a good lawyer who likes sueing left right and center for any frivolous reasons, so
    as to cash in as much as possible. Had I known about these type of people!!! Damn.

#570     Jul 30, 2017