The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. So managed for 2 weeks to do the meditation 5hrs/day.
    This leading for one week of trading to 50% return ( above the 30% target) and 10% heat.

In view of the results, I went to party. Stretched the time from 2hrs to 8 hours
    full nights of partying. Did not have the strength to do any meditation, but felt
    very confident to trade without preparation, thus wiping out the money in one oversized trade
    within 4 hours.

Discussed the issues with a coach. It has nothing to do with self-sabotage ( I am really glad
    about that as I spent more than 6 months sorting this out) , just some
    natural phenomenon linked to the euphoria of winning. And I am glad I have been
    explained this can be sorted. So that's me for booking 30 sessions of 2hours each to work
    this out.

And obviously I am getting back into (2,1,1,1) meditation regime before resuming trading,
    so as to make the most of the 4 months till the trading year close.

#441     Sep 4, 2016
  2. Does the market lie, like humans do?

Nan. The market is always right.

#442     Sep 5, 2016
  3. * * * IMPORTANT

Normally, IF there are bombing to take place again in France, these will take place in kindergarten and primary schools, with most of the victims being under 11 years old kids.
    "pas de souci" has , from my observations, infliltrated all the educational head offices of this age group,
    as well as had access to all personal information on staff ( teachers, head teacher, school directors, ..). These idiots
    were just happy to parot "pas de souci", without knowing that these are like part of a set of people liked linke in a "necklace beads" with some of those being people who are capable to put bombs wherever they might find a benefit.

Now : obviously I will certainly not go and report this to the police. I got enough troubles with the idiots corrupt officers when we tried to warn them about the previous bombings.
    It is up to you, the responsible who have showed all these methods of infiltration to go and report
    all these people.

Usually, whenever major events might take place, I look for a bet so as to make better analysis;
    this time I won't be, just now, looking to capitalize on this type of event. I have first to try to
    understand what would be the motivation to get as many under 11s into "disasters".

"Pas de souci": well done!!! I hope you will look - you and your accomplices that have ensured your
    impunity - you will look to the miror and think of the kindergarten and primary school kids that
    might die IF ( more likely when ) these bombings take place.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    #443     Sep 6, 2016
  4. Stopped the meditation for few days.
    Actually a very difficult discipline to follow. But resuming it.
    There is clearly differences after a set of days meditation, versus set of days with zero meditation:
    the level of patience is just so different.

I am also realising that wasting so many opportunities because one can not manage the "euphoria of winning"
    has been just so wasteful. But then , this is part of how my mind-body have been programmed. Just so strange to untangle this pattern.

"pas de souci" : let me give you some information. From a linguistic point of view, it is an expression usually used by french speakers who are or surrounded by people whose background is from North Africa ( jewish or muslims ), and have very weak understanding of the french language subtilities. Other french speakers would only use this expression in very specific context. As a comparison, "home" "accomodation" "house" all designate more of less the same thing. Now, someone using the term "hood" instead would normally raise questions, and one would not be astonished if the set of "necklace beads" has a person linked to criminality.

Now, "pas de souci" : what can you do, knowing that you are part of a "necklace of beads" that contains at least a set of people willing to bomb the masses?

I could suggest to you to go the dhamma route and clock in 5 retreats. From there you will discover who around you is the next "human bead" in the "necklace bead" leading to bombers. But would you be capable of that? Look into the miror and enjoy how you actually do the homework of the bombers. How proud of this are you?

I could suggest to you to take your courage, check in some Jesuits St Ignacius retreat and take your courage to confess all. But would you be capable of that? Would you be capable of even swallowing your ego, registering to such a retreat, and even going to one ?

Let me tell you "pas de souci", I have over the last few years, actually help confess via intermediaries some people around you. So that you know, some of them had completely forgotten crimes they had committed ( including murder in childhood covered by parents) but thought they were "saints" and were "entitled" and so on. Now, "pas de souci" : what are the crimes you committed during your childhood and teenage years? I mean "birds of a feather usually flock together". So what are the crimes you committed during your childhood and teenage years? what are these very serious crimes that you have "forgotten", but are shouting to be released to yourself, as demonstrated by your obsessionnal behaviours?

#444     Sep 9, 2016
  5. Let's continue to study the aspects, using every tools available, to keep improving.
    One thing is understanding "don't lie". At the end of the day trading is all about being a lie detector.

and

I have to say the more I study religion, thanks to "integrist" catholics, the more I feel bettered inside.
    It is really a miracle that I have come across the "integrist" catholics and started to understand what the
    commandments are all about.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    #445     Sep 16, 2016
  6. Continuing my understanding of the ten commandments.

This "don't lie, don't bear false witness" is actually not an easy one to fully grasp.

The different aspects of lieing, and false witnessing ( calomny,slander, sin of detraction,
    sin of rash judgement) are things I did not know at all about. Just shows that
    "integrist" catholics have some certain kind of knowledge on human nature.

Becoming a lie detector, who'd have thought that trading would teach me that.

( very longue, but quiet insightful).

I can not believe that someone who lies a lot, can easily detect trading lies.
    Just something there.

#446     Sep 17, 2016
  7. The nice thing about trading is one gets clearly what needs to be improved/worked on.
    If one is lucky, one also gets the ways to sort it out.
    So, I am still working on "making peace with money" - a psychological aspect that is crucial for a trader!
    It is obviously better than feeling disgusted with money coming from trading profits, or feeling uncomfortable with it, etc. funny how the mind works. Develop unhealthy patterns about money and these patterns
    transform into strange ways of thinking.

"@angelina" : it went on very well. :D.

#447     Sep 27, 2016
  8. I am also hearing that those who learn/read about the "10 commandments" are integrists :D :D :D
    One question : what is so hard about these mere 10 commandments, and specifically about not lieing%???

#448     Sep 27, 2016
  9. Psychology is huge in trading.
    Trading itself, is relatively...somewhat easy -- but the greater emphasis is on the psychology of it.

All of these three trading documentaries emphasize more of the psychology behind the trade, rather then the logistics and mechanics of it.

o_O:confused:

#449     Sep 28, 2016
    Telepuzik likes this.
  10. marwanco

marwanco

Sorry for offtopic.
    Im a returning user, I used to post in this forum before.
    But Now I dont see any icon for opening new post.
    Please Help.

#450     Sep 28, 2016