The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. That's the point, I always meditate to calm and encourage myself to learn deeper about forex trading...

#361     Nov 11, 2015
  2. Trading has 2 components : the "technique" or "approach" or "method" AND the psychology/spirituality. And both are actually interlinked. It thus does make perfect sense
    to not neglect the psy side ( meditation being a really efficient and effective tool).

#362     Nov 14, 2015
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. Obviously, I can only thank grace of God to have gone through daily prayers and all the pelerinages. One never knows when God can call you for a quality face to face meeting.

The band playing was "Eagle of Death Metal"

In the same way, one never knows when a market crash is to take place,
    nor when a trade can go really "bunker".

#363     Nov 14, 2015
  4. Often emotion after loss hard to controlled because anger in minds can't accepted the loss that occured, in this condition maybe better we closed the chart and take a rest, not enoforced our self to trade again if only messed up account.

#364     Nov 14, 2015
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Time duration between trades has an enormous impact on our ability to manage a loss (or winner)...an understanding that's needed before the next trade.

For example, pretend you had a trade on Monday @ 1000am and it resulted in a loss. You're next trade is then on Tuesday @ 12noon. In comparison, now pretend you had a trade on Monday @ 1000am and it resulted in a loss but your next trade is at 1005am.

Clearly the latter has "less time" to manage the emotion so that he/she can get into the right mindset within 5 minutes before the next trade in comparison to having +24 hours to do the same.

Every trader is different. Some traders that have more time to "think about what just happen and try to manage the emotions"...their performance is worst because they had too much time. In contrast, other traders that had less time that have less time to "think about what just happen and try to manage the emotions"...their performance is worst because they did not have enough time.

Therefore, we need to determine if our trading style correlates with our ability to manage our emotions because there may be a conflict that needs to be resolved or re-conditioned to fit our trading style.

I played a particular sport for +15 years in which I had multiple matches in the same day. Thus, I've been conditioned mentally that having too much time on my hands (e.g. as swing trader or position trader) is bad for me as a trader. In contrast, small time duration between trades in the same trading day correlates better as a day trader.

Therefore, I'm a day trader...correlating with my ability to mentally prepare, manage, adapt between multiple trades in the same day. Yet, if I wanted to swing trade for several days or weeks, maybe position trade for several weeks or more...I would need to re-condition my mindset to fit that trading style.

Identification of the mindset and then correlate (re-condition if needed) with the trading style or vice versa.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    #365     Nov 15, 2015
  6. At least you are lucky to be able to identify the components of your path to bad trading:

- Anger : how do you handle anger in different areas in your life? how have you handled anger in the past ? Is there a pattern in the situations that brings out anger out of you?

- can't accept the loss : have you had previous situations of loss? how did you deal with these? the pain of loss : can you describe it fully, and identify it as soon as it starts, and how it evolves. How do you grief your losses?

These are some aspects you can choose to discuss with a good psy.
    And after psy sessions ( a good 20 on each aspect), a good 10 days www.dhamma.org will help remove some of the roots. Then again, just get back to trading, and find out what is still there.

It just needs courage to work on onself. Everybody can do it, few have the determination to keep going.

#366     Nov 15, 2015
  7. Effectively, choosing the right way of trading for oneself is important.
    Thank you for pointing out so clearly. Trading is obviously a way to really find out about oneself.

#367     Nov 15, 2015
  8. :):):) So yesterday, we had nearly 200 people dead in a terrorist attack, and more than
    300 wounded.

So these deaths, overjoyed ( :mad: :mad: :mad:) an asshole so much, that a group of 4 people get involved happily into an harassment. To top it all, one boasted of being involved in the service that deals with corruption among police officers (gign, or something like that).
    ( showing a business card with police - but not his police badge number the fool: no professional police officer in his right mind would give his name).
    So let's here enjoy ourselves of a set of persons who managed to be played like fools, boast of being corrupt(?) police officers the day after a bomb
    attacks of more than 400 victims ( of which nearly 200 deads).

[​IMG]

Obviously, those who continue to protect this asshole, the day
    those dear to you die, please do not cry : just remember you did
    not do your job - inform the relevant persons of the person's identities
    and whereabouts. Even an article to the press, with the names, jobs and
    functions and list of "actions" of the person,
    would have sent this person to consult some good psy.
    As time goes, the asshole gains more "assurance" in his/her path,
    till the day he/she will be called for account.
    Let just remind ourselves: God does exist. Amen to that.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    #368     Nov 15, 2015
  9. Let's remind ourselves that trading is the art of learning not be played like a fool:
    temptation can come, the first step is to ask questions : is it true is the first question.
    Is it true that it is going to go my way?
    Is it true I will not have a loss ?
    and finding out why and comparing after the trading.

It does not matter how the losing trades are spread, just asking
    oneself questions on the quality of the trades to be taken.

#369     Nov 15, 2015
  10. Actually, I did not know one could get the details of the two shops where
    the harassment were orchestrated. So here they are:

http://www.societe.com/societe/tt-easy-goo-804167468.html
    and
    http://dirigeant.societe.com/dirigeant/Thanuseelan.SIVASUTHAN.50426890.html
    ( Thanusselan Sivasuthan being the shop manager for this one.
    I could not confirm for the other shop).

I now understand why it is roughly compulsory for these information to be public.
    I 'd guess, as they are foreigners ( I suspected from india-pakiet al), but now it is confirmed.
    A real shame that our last President, is said ( to be fully checked) sold out some thousands of work permits in exchange for some "aircraft contracts", and we have to finish with these
    lots who can't even respect our deads.

#370     Nov 17, 2015