The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Thank you

Many people do not have the "right perspectives" :
    due to mis-education and distractions.

Trading virtue was really hidden to myself : it in fact gets the trader into the real thing. :D :D :D
    I am now toying with the idea of getting as many people as possible
    into trading, so as to "make the world a more peaceful and better place".
    Who'd have known that trading was a hidden treasure!

Let us get some important considerations.
    Someone asked how many people actually die every year !!!!

Worldwide :
    55.3 million people die each year ( rougly 160 000 every day, and roughly 100 people every minute)
    In the USA : around 2.5 millions people deaths were registered in 2011
    In the UK : around 500k people deaths per year

Roughly, out of 1000 people, around from 5 to 20 people die each year for each country.
    Obviously, those in wars, have their number of people "facing decisions about their final eternal staying place" jumps. And from latest events, any country is really unsafe from potential war.
    So effectively, each person can be facing death at any moment : young age is no protection
    ( many young people do die), good health neither ( accidents and injuries).

So in the same vein, that at any time, each person can be called for a
    "face2face with who awaits for us after death",
    and have their "Book of Life" opened for just appreciation ( Does someone sees everyone of our most "hidden" deeds ? ).
    In the same vein, everytrade once entered is left to the just appreciation of the Market.
    At anytime, each trade can be called for a "face2face with who awaits the losing trade" - aka broker.

Now, let's investigate aspects of the Eternity of Hell : understanding what Eternity means.
    Do not get stopped by the "religious" around it, concentrate on understanding what
    Eternity means, so as to understand well the important characteristics of Eternity of Hell

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    #311     Sep 4, 2015
  2. I am really thankful I went into trading. So much to learn.
    I am still deepening my understanding of the Eternity of Hell.
    No wonder I have gone through a real shift of perspectives regarding
    trading stress.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    #312     Sep 4, 2015
  3. Leo Chu

Leo Chu

You should be a philosopher. I knew someone was looking for a trading mentor in the forum several days ago. U should help him.

#313     Sep 4, 2015
  4. Hi,

I have soooo many qualities and abilities ( scientist, politician, high civil servant, philosopher, even naural healer... I have to thank God for all the blessings in skills bestowed to my mere being)
    that I chose trader !!! If not for some high stress experiences, I'd have reached some serious goals by now. Never mind! As long as God is not yet calling me up there, I am heading on.

If he advertised for a trading mentor on the net, then, I am sure he must have bought the services of the many who were desperately looking for some paying customers. And seriously, I was not willing to
    put myself against these highly skilled mentoring selling providers. This is not my industry.

I assume it did'nt work out for him.

Sure I can partner with him for mutually beneficial benefits.
    That means : just now, I am really into getting 50 ( yes fifty) financially desperate people into trading ( using TopstepTrader by the way) . The idea is to get them to qualify to TST and trade via TST. This to make things easier. I now know where to find them ( not an easy thing actually). So now, I have been
    thinking about how to get this off the ground.
    If he can help with making that easy on the "logistical" and "operational" side ( from office for them, to transport to "mental training facilities I identified" - as trading is very much about the "mind" - , and other things that would make that easy), yep I'd in exchange will be very willing to suggest no BS things that if he does will get him within 1 year to break-even, and within the other 2 , profitable. I 'd suggest he waits that I get through my TST. He should not worry that passing the TST would make me raise the stakes!

And yourself, Leo Chu : you seem to get through the essential very quickly : how long have you been trading? and how is your trading doing? Yup! I am assuming the "him" is not you, right?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    #314     Sep 5, 2015
  5. Leo Chu

Leo Chu

For sure, I am not "him". I am now in a prop trading firm but not using TopstepTrader.

#315     Sep 5, 2015
  6. OK. So he knows what he can get ( break-even within 1 year, profitability within 2 years from break-even).
    And he knows what I want ( logistic and operational ).
    It is a very fair deal.

#316     Sep 5, 2015
  7. Leo Chu

Leo Chu

U can search that thread. If I remember it right, the title is like fuck those "fake mentors". Just recently

#317     Sep 5, 2015
  8. Some people might ask "why them"?
    Because it is much easier for me to succeed with them.

1) They are "lucky" ( I'll obviously check well this in person myself )
    So their "spirituality" is not completely "damaged". I do not work
    with "unlucky" people ( I refuse to go against "God's plans")
    2) They are very willing and won't pull some craps I have seen some
    pull on ( when involved before in a tech business), as they have
    limited opportunities.
    2) I am not interested in them being analysts, programmers or backtesters, etc.
    They will just be traders. So "wheelbarrow boys" are very much welcomed.
    Obviously if in the lot, one has degrees, the better. But seriously for trader,
    I am into the "mindset". The rest ( trading method, organisation,...) has to be provided:
    this is where he is welcomed into partnership.

( not necessarily British nor Western based wheelbarrow boys, but the theme is the same)

#318     Sep 5, 2015
  9. OK I'll do so.
    He is though free to pm.

#319     Sep 5, 2015
  10. Time for some time of silence. The beauty of trading is one learns when it is time for some "quiet" time.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    #320     Sep 5, 2015