The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. To my utter surprise, some are asking for clarifications regarding these Near Death Experiences. :D
    I have to oblige.
    First, know watch these videos, and at the end, think of how you felt when you lost big.

And remember God can call you back at any moment.

#301     Aug 31, 2015
  2. Near Death Experiences are a reality :
    1) one day you will die
    2) it can happen at any moment ( imagine today you take your car, and get into a fatal accident)
    So it is best to prepare : having the end in sight helps prepare so as not to land in Hell,
    but preferably in Paradise, and if it is a miss in Purgatory.

When you trade, losing trades are a reality:
    1) any trade can be a loser
    2) a losing trade can happen at any moment ( imagine a market crash, a total drop in liquidity)
    So it is best to prepare : having the end in sight helps prepare, so as not to land in Losing Hell, but preferably in Winning days and it is a miss in a Break-even day.

I am just noticing that Mr Bright , a great trader, actually passed away recently.
    RIP to him. And I'll leave it to this, thank you.

#302     Aug 31, 2015
  3. In order to prepare well, one needs to know how Hell looks like, what Hell is like: and
    how one lands in Hell, what do people do to land in Hell. I will thus provide as many examples of how people guarrantee they wind up in Hell.

In the same vein, in order to prepare well, it is good to know how losing trades look like,
    how a looming losing day look like ( not waking up well, feeling unwell, feeling stressed,
    the trade "not moving well because it did that and not that" , ....).

#303     Aug 31, 2015
  4. emg

emg

study this graph real good. small traders are going around the circle

[​IMG]

More than 90% of small traders lose. They just lose!

#304     Aug 31, 2015
    smallStops likes this.
  5. Emg: I used to laugh about your motto ( sorry for the honesty),
    but there is some truth in it.
    The aim is to move small traders into bigger traders.
    What in your views are the major reasons that small traders lose?
    do you see any other reasons than psychology/spirituality ?

#305     Aug 31, 2015
  6. emg

emg

wait for my new thread on 'sarao'

My hero

#306     Aug 31, 2015
  7. OK. Prepare you to explain very well why in your thread, as I won't shy from asking tough questions.

****** BOOK OF JUOB *****

As Trading disasters can bring pain that is a foretaste of some aspects of Hell,
    some are also asking about the Book of Job. :D :D :D

- As you remember, this is one aspect of Job' s starting misfortunes.

#307     Sep 1, 2015
  8. :) :) :) We need to move further, on this study of Hell. :D :D :D

Recap :
    1) Scientists ( cardiologist, neurosurgeons, real scientists with PhDs) who work with
    people just before they die, and after they die, most turn religious after 2-3 years on the job.
    I guess having dying people, who do not know each other, shouting " help me get out of here, I am in Hell" must bring many of these atheists scientists to reflect on where each person is really heading to : Heaven, Purgatory or Hell.
    2) One day, each one of us will die ( and God might call you sooner than you think)

So now, next step : describe the characteristics of Hell. Explain it well,
    and specifically why it is best to avoid it.

So it is time to talk about Time and Duration!!!
    ( I really wonder if good traders for some reasons went through the Bible!
    All these trading terms are so bliblic lol ) :

The Eternity of Hell vs the relatively short lifespan on this earth ( 200 max for the
    extremely lucky one of our generation).
    - Steve Jobs, billionnaire died age 56. 56 years on this earth, now : is he for the Eternity of
    Hell, or Eternally in Heaven , or is he having a long sting at Purgatory?
    - Keir Millar, sport champion died at age 11. 11 years on this earth, now : is he for the
    Eternity of Hell, or Eternity in Heaven, or is he having a long sting at Purgatory?
    - Jules Bianchi, sport champion died at age 25. 25 years on this earth, now: is he for the
    Eternity of Hell, or Eternity in Heaven, or is he having a long sting at Purgatory?

Even so, some die much younger, others much older, but no matter what 200 is the max.
    Even so, one can not say exactly how long more one has to live ( can you be certain
    that you won't have a car accident? a boat accident? or even a medical accident?).
    So actually a short lifespan ( 200 years max), to determine where one lands
    for Eternity.

I am glad TST has a stat on time, as related to the trade ending in win, loss, break-even.

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eternal as : forever, with no end.

Now for your losing trade : do you expect the broker to let your loser
    continues eternally as forever, with no end?
    In the same vein, losing trader : how long do you think you can
    continue? eternally, forever, with no end?
    So one needs to put a time stop.
    In the same vein, God puts a time stop ( lifespan), then
    attributes and eternal destiny.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    #308     Sep 1, 2015
  9. This study on Hell seems to be having some positive effects : some traders I hear are "reflecting better" before taking a trade, and have avoided some impulsive trades. When all fails, some say, "give the person a Bible". :) :) :)

So we are still to relfect on why the torments of Hell being Eternal, compared to this short earthly life ( 200 years max), makes all the difference in the pains of the damned.

#309     Sep 2, 2015
  10. Leo Chu

Leo Chu

Nice job, man. The first principle for me is to keep calm, always!

#310     Sep 4, 2015