The day to day psychology of a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by smallStops, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Psychology/SPIRITUALITY for traders :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    ( soon I'll drop the psychology, because psychology is really
    a tiny application of spirituality).

So we have the certainty that, as in trading, at one day each person can die ( each trade can turn into a disaster) , and, that death ( a market crash) can call each person at any moment - even today some people will have car accidents, be victims of crimes, etc. ( a rogue trader might attempt to unload, or average down heavily, ...)

Then can we get a glimpse of what happened after this life shattering event?
    In trading, we have examples of rogue traders who blew up ( film of Nick Leeson, ...).

In real life, there are actually people who have had a glimpsed of the afterlife and have came back: Near Death Experience. Some managed to get to see the whole lot and come back, others to see a little and come back "earlier".

What's better than the men of the science of the brain themselves to
    experience the Afterlife and tell us about it ?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    #271     Aug 2, 2015
  2. I have to interview one person daily about
    "Friend Finder Agency". Some more learning.

Story :

* One guy ( A) has read the pleasures, benefits and advantages of having a friend.
    A friend, he reads will call you once in a while to go and watch a football match, etc.
    So much that A decides that he wants a friend.
    * Now the question is for some obscure reasons, A has never really had a real friend.
    * A thus looks for how to get a friend. And comes across an "friend finder agency" that promises
    him that they will find him a friend. Don't laugh : that's my exercise for FOUR months.
    * Turns out that A hear that person B is actually the ideal friend one can have.
    So A says to his "friend finder agency" to get B as his friend.
    * "Friend finder agent" contacts B and say to B to be A's friend.
    For some unknown reasons B finds all of this strange, and, make the choice to not get involved
    into anything to do with "Friend finder agent".
    * So "Friend finder agent" proposes other people on his book for A.
    * Things being as they are ( God does he exist): these "Friend finder agent" friendship things always
    finish badly ( Does God exist?). So each time it finished, A get even more convinced that B is the solution:
    true B did warn not to do "that", B advises to "work on oneself" and to go out with no expectation,
    B advises to "trust God" to bring the right friend when God believes A is ready for a friend.
    But "Friend Finder Agent" has a business to run, so comes up with a solution.
    After spying on B, "friend finder agent" finds out that B is going to one retreat.
    So "friend finder agent" registers and coaches all his "friends candidates" to the same retreats,
    with twisting facts and stories, manage to manipulate the retreat staff, and
    arrange to record, and transmit messages, and so on. Arrange a way to interview
    "friends candidates" and B. B realises the setup and leaves.
    Few days after "Friend finder agent" arranges a street theater event
    where the agent is declaring to B ( without B asking anything), "A is now teamed
    with one of my guy's list for friendship". B prays to God to have mercy on them.

I have to interview various persons on :
    - what should A do to find a friend
    - what do they think about "Friend finder agency" : methods, mindset
    - evaluate B's reaction

Inteview n°2, the person answer has been :
    - A should find a friend himseld and not use an agency
    - "Friend finder agency" is not honest
    - B reacted well

I am this daily finding one person to interview.

#272     Aug 2, 2015
  3. :):):) I would have never thought that the trading path would take me
    to subjects "beyond the graves". But hey, deep spirituality for traders.

So one Neurosurgeon went to the Afterlife, and came back. His experience "there"
    was extremely positive - even seeing a birth sister he had never met, from a birth family he
    had not had contact with for ages, that died months before.
    Now obviously, one could have called him "crazy neurosurgeon". However, from trading experiences, I know I don't know everything. And the more I learn, the more ignorant I
    realise I am. And I have no problem with that ( I am not on an "ego trip"). :):):)

One other scientist (PhD in research sciences! ) who went to see the Afterlife and was lucky to come back. :D:D:D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    #273     Aug 2, 2015
  4. Damn trading is so similar to real life!

Does trading pain ressemble a trip to hell ? :D:D:D
    Some people talked about feeling like "possessed" when trading.
    Others talked about the horrors of blowing up. The details looked hellish!

And now, I am finding out that not only one can die at any instant
    ( Death can comes knocking at any moment, no matter how young ( see babies
    and youngs who die), no matter how wealthy, no matter how healthy).
    And now, that after dieing, there can be good experiences, and Hell. :eek::rolleyes::):D

Now when one puts a trade :
    - good experience with a mega win
    - hellish experience when a blowup
    - quasi-neutral , but good experience when break-even.

I am better off checking these videos of people who visited Hell, after
    dying to deepen my understanding of "hellish trading experiences".

#274     Aug 2, 2015
  5. Damn!!! I'd have never believed some reasons some would land out into Hell after they die:

#275     Aug 2, 2015
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Nope

And unless / until you figure out why - trading is going to be damn problematic

Just sayin

RN

#276     Aug 2, 2015
  7. Trading has so much similarities with real life ;)
    And my Combine is going on well. :).
    So trading is getting better ( less harassment helped a lot).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    #277     Aug 3, 2015
  8. Obviously, I am spending some quality time going over "Near Death experience" videos
    where people were to land into Hell.
    What I am noticing, is each person's way of telling their story is different, but one thing seems
    recurrent, when they've seen Hell, they seemed changed. :D:D:D
    Now I stopped at this one because of the win rate ration Heaven: Paradise.
    Here they are talking of a rate of 1 winner for 1000 losers.
    I am still yet to wonder if someone has had the courage of trading a system
    with 1 winner for 1000 Losers ?

#278     Aug 3, 2015
  9. To be honest, I am much more interested in experiences related by atheists Scientists:
    them relating their stories of the desperation of dying patients shouting "get me out of here, I am going to Hell" seems the reason many scientists who work with patients going through death life moment, become firm God believers. My life would definitively have been different
    if I had had very knowledgeable people to teach me about these facts of life I did not know of:
    one day you will die ( it can be tomorrow , even today). After you die : Hell, Purgatory ( "reincarnation" concepts props in) or Paradise. The choice is mine how I live this short earthly life, that will determine where one lands after death:
    imagine for some 80 years in life to land in the Eternity of Hell,
    others 30 years of life to land in the Eternity of Hell.
    We are so much fooled by TV, media, and people who for some reasons
    absolutely want us to forget where all our lives finish :
    Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell. :(:(:(

#279     Aug 3, 2015
  10. Now, obviously :

* each trade can be :
    - heaven ( win)
    - purgatory ( breakeven)
    - hell ( lose)

* hardest win rate system to trade :
    1000 losers for 1 winner ( Hell/Life win rate).
    The apparent win rate for Humans when after death they are sent
    to their eternal place.

This really puts trading in perspective.

#280     Aug 3, 2015