The day the dollar died??

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Tsing Tao, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Certainly looking like it.

CHF to new all time highs against dollar
    EUR breaking 1.40
    yen to 15 year low, boj be damned
    Aussie to post 1982 float high, 90 cents from parity
    gold at new record 1358
    silver at new 30 year (?) record
    canadian dollar back towards parity

there have been tremendous moves tonight. one of two things is going to happen - either this is IT in terms of the day of judgement for the usd that people have been waiting for since...well, goldbugs came about

or

there is an imminent collapse of worldwide risk assets right around the corner and this is a blow off top (like in 2007). the only thing i cant see that is insane as it was back then is oil. and i have a feeling someone's made a deal on that :)

congratulations are in order for asshat bernanke - he really did his job well. inflation on the docket for every man woman and child in the world. starvation due to massive food prices, thanks ben.

i hope this bastard roasts in hell for his contribution to mankind.

2. damo484

damo484

Go Obama Go!

The US economy is being managed so well.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

holy crap, is anyone watching this carnage? gold just launched through 1360 like it was a pitstop on the way to hell. wheee.....

my trend lines are more and more vertical. it looks hilarious on a daily chart.

4. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtwmjcsQi1E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EtwmjcsQi1E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

- - - héhéhéhé - - -

5. someones got me in short the euro from the high this morning. cheers

6. This is looking like the top for a while-- AB=CD complete...

[​IMG]

7. How does this look like a top? Everyone is calling a top in EUR, citing mystic wavecounts or fibonacci numbers. JuniorCTA is shorting this since 1.33, deadbroke is probably short since 1.20.

I dont know if its a top. Looking at a daily and 3h charts, it appears still like there is an up-trend.

8. Blotto

Blotto

So today must be the Top in Gold, Silver, and Euro?

9. PaulRon

PaulRon

and stocks? need more confirmation for stocks but euro and gold both had blowoff tops

10. MKTrader

MKTrader

What's funny is that the last time EURUSD was at that level, Trichet was "jawboning" it down big time. He kept saying that it was still "too high" (it topped out at over 1.60 and was crashing down) and seemed like he wanted parity with the Dollar.

And now he's congratulating the U.S. on their weak Dollar, as if it's good for everybody.

I'm not sure if our current crop of politicians/central bankers are as just plan stupid or if they're more sinister that we could imagine. Either way, they defy common sense on every level.

#10     Oct 7, 2010