The Dark Side Of Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Peri

Peri

Without a doubt a true enough statement.

Makes the fact that he denied paternity of his first born for so many years all the more interesting/pathetic/disgusting.

#11     Oct 9, 2011
  2. Samsara

Samsara

The unconscious mind is unbelievably powerful.

The events in your life that define its fixations play a more causal role in who you are every day than you might think.

#12     Oct 9, 2011
  3. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

waaa, waaa, So, a titan of a highly competitive industry has a sharp tongue and has zero patience for losses.

Sounds like every other................ ceo, General, President, athlete, actor, business owner, who has gone to achieve greatness in a 30 year span.

Pick any CEO , who has lasted 30+ years and they will find dirt on him.

EF

#13     Oct 9, 2011
  4. I support not donating one dime to charity. I could go on in an essay of why not...but I feel the reasons are fairly obvious. Donating to charity might make you feel good, but which charities actually do anything good with the money. Which charity organization has found a cure or treatment to cancer or has actually solved world hunger?

This article is good and gives good reasons why you should never ever donate to charity. Not donating to charity, like Steve Jobs, isnt a bad thing afterall...

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/05...a-major-charity-how-to-be-a-superhero-part-2/

#14     Oct 9, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Of course you give to charity. You pay taxes don't you?

#15     Oct 9, 2011
  6. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Agreed, but then again a lack of patience for incompetence is not exactly 'dirt' in my mind.

#16     Oct 9, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't think the article was trying to put an emphasis on his temper or patience but rather a glorified liberal who was anything but with his treatment of Chinese workers making .10 a day with no bathroom breaks at Foxcon. It's a pretty sad story. But hey, the new I-phone 4S comes in white! Yippee!

#17     Oct 9, 2011
  8. Dick Cheney, really ? I didn't know Jobs was partially responsible starting a trillion dollar war where thousands of young American soldiers die and many more severely injured. Or does the article talk about jobs water boarding his competitors ? I'm really too disinterested to read the article, sorry for my laziness.

#18     Oct 9, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let's put it this way. Foxcon was two steps below a German labor work camp. He did everything but lead them into the showers and drop cyanide on them. It turns out, the workers at Foxcon were willing to kill themselves. How convenient.

And there is no excuse for laziness. Ignorance is bliss.

#19     Oct 9, 2011
  10. It's like TMZ, just the people gossiping about the celebrities. Nothing wrong with that, just not my thing.

#20     Oct 10, 2011