The dark side of Dubai - expat story

Discussion in 'Economics' started by leela, Nov 30, 2009.

1. There used to be a saying: Oil pushed them from a Donkey to a Datsun.

#31     Dec 1, 2009
  2. dtan1e

dtan1e

by the looks of it very much doubt those, er, any banks that lend to Dubai can get their money back

#32     Dec 1, 2009
  3. leela

leela

The European & American tax payers will bail out the banks that lend to Dubai.

I was surprised that Tiger Woods would have a golf course there - if he is aware of about the environmental impact and the slave labor.

#33     Dec 1, 2009
  4. 11Blade

11Blade

SWTrader is fairly loud with his rhetoric. I can only give credit for his/her consistency, not his views.

Swtrader quote 12/2/09

Obama threw an extravegant feast for the country that many middle class sees their jobs being lost to - Obama showed who he works for and it sure as hell isnt the average American

But one responsibility of the president, is to assure the security of his foreign visitors to the white house, even if they're compelete assholes, to avoid an international crisis, that would require even more concessions to resolve - think how many jobs, arms and billions obama would have given away to India, in the aftermath of their prime minister being harmed on the white house grounds

Swtrader quote 11/30/09

India is a despicable caste society, that doesnt give a shit about it's lower caste people - that's why the workers get no help from their own embasy when they are held captive in dubai

I actually have some sympathy for their lower caste people

I despise their brahmin varna caste people, who are the H-1b tech class in the USA

They treated their own people like crap in their own country, they dont care about anyone else, and they bring that vicious 3rd world attitude to the USA and undermine us

Swtrader quote 11/30/09

That's no sh-t, anyone who'es ever dealt with people from india knows that they lie through their teeth, cheat and steal anything that isnt nailed down

An American who says that -> racist

An Indian returning to India who says basically the same thing -> 'poor returning expat'

political correctness is f--king up this country to be almost as bad as India

Swtrader quote 11/30/09

Q: know how to make an Indian turn white?

A: 'say 'I'm Chris Hansen, Dateline NBC - we're doing a story on men who try to meet children for sex - it's called to catch a predator'

check out these dirty indian h-1b scum getting owned by chris hansen

Swtrader quote 11/25/09

Obama gave a toast to those jobs lastg night at the state dinner for India

after all, that's where they are now

end

#34     Dec 1, 2009
  5. mahadiga

mahadiga

If Govt says "Love It or Leave It", 99% people will leave India.

#35     Dec 2, 2009
  6. leela

leela

You are assuming that the destitute has another place to go to. India is a fine place if you have money.

#36     Dec 2, 2009
  7. mahadiga

mahadiga

#37     Dec 3, 2009
  8. ********************************

From the article you posted.......

Poverty is still there, 80% of the population live on 20 rupees (25p) a day, according to a survey, but a large well off group has also emerged. Some 250 million are reckoned to be very well off, many of them very rich.

Might want to check your math. If 250 million are well off to very rich. In order for that to be 1% of the population. India's population would need to be 25,000,000,000.

#38     Dec 3, 2009
  9. mahadiga

mahadiga

Depends on definition of destitute. YMMV.

#39     Dec 3, 2009