The dark side of Dubai - expat story

Discussion in 'Economics' started by leela, Nov 30, 2009.

1. The bigger story is not one of these cave dwelling arab royal families would be in power if they were'nt propped up by our intelligence services.

Their own people despise the Bedouin tribes that make up the new royal class.

In a couple of decades when oil becomes irrelevant as an energy source and our large corporate interests in the region vanish, their own people will get rid of them.

#21     Nov 30, 2009
  2. Banana14

Banana14

In principle you should always avoid anything to do with the Middle East, Africa or other parts of the third world. It's where all the serious shit happens.

#22     Nov 30, 2009
  3. Some people like a little excitement in their lives. At least when they finally leave, they got a pretty exciting story to tell.

#23     Nov 30, 2009
  4. Sounds like you have your own one-man caste system too.

#24     Dec 1, 2009
  5. way to catch him on his hypocracy. :)

#25     Dec 1, 2009
  6. Bob111

Bob111

#26     Dec 1, 2009
  7. WOW!!!! That was quick!!!! I've seen like two of your posts and you have already proven yourself stupid enough to have earned an entry on my "Ignore List" -right along with stock_trad3r and fkbsuhites! If you think the Christian influence has been so bad here, I think you might enjoy some nice time in a land where another faith has been key...maybe go and try a country that was founded upon atheism. You might have a different view then.

I will admit I do agree with some points in your post. I too found the part about incompetents making it big in Dubai funny.

-gastropod

#27     Dec 1, 2009
  8. So all you got from the Dubai article was that you hate Indian high caste?

Looks like some one got Banglored recently

:D:D:D

#28     Dec 1, 2009
  9. toc

toc

Can't wait for oil for finish or become a redundant source of energy.

The Royals of Duabi will be buttbooted on the 120 degree heated streets of their own country.

:D

#29     Dec 1, 2009
  10. Ahh now it makes sense. btw... after reading the article, I can tell you all of it is true. I have spent a good chunk of my childhood in that neighborhood. I lived as a protected expat but it was so depressing and guilt-ridden.

The stories I thought were outlandish are becoming mainstream with this article.

#30     Dec 1, 2009