The Daniel_M Update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daniel_m, Aug 8, 2003.

1. I also find it funny, that daniel_m, who was one of the most merciless detractors of anyone and everyone on here, should apparently need babysitting of the replies to his confessional post in which he expressly stated: "to those I antagonized, heckled or belittled, I invite you to gloat over my demise – ".

There are PLENTY of people who post on Elite Trader who have fallen on hard times, who come here seeking helpful advice, and receive only mocking and heckling and snide remarks and are told to get lost because they are such fools who have no business dabbling in the financial markets and if they lose their money they are only getting precisely what they deserve. Yet we are all considered to be adults on here, and such unhelpful posts are usually left intact, unless they contain extreme vulgarity (and even then they often remain).

So does elite posting rank entitle us to greater degrees of sympathy, and protection from any negative thought energies?

Just for reference, the post I left here was really NOT at all derisive of daniel_m. I complimented him for finally expressing himself honestly, I suggested that he might benefit from the example of Lundy, and I did add a p.s. in which I asked whether his view of the PDT rule may have altered now that he is undoubtedly on the other side of the $25,000 fence. And of course there was no vulgarity in my post, as I must be really pushed beyond endurance before I use swearing to lash out with.

#51     Aug 11, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Daniel.......I am truly sorry , brother.. Putting things in perspective will help you through your journey in life. As you said, trading is but a drop in the ocean. Please do keep in touch amigo...

#52     Aug 11, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

I've had you on my ignore list for a long time Daniel_m. I have no consolation to provide.

If you choose to quit the trading game, then I respect that. Also if you choose to pick it back up where you left off, you will find determination in you that you had not seen before. You are now off my ignore list.

For inspiration in whatever you do. Read about the life of brucelee.

For trading related books, read about the life of Jesse Livermore.

For anyone who is not profitable in trading, look at what you are doing, and change it in a way that gives you a better edge.

I personally know no one else who has devoted as much effort, analysis, and self improvement in the realm of trading than I have. It has finally paid off. If you are unprofitable and you know someone who works harder than you do at this, and makes money, then your determination is inadequate.

#53     Aug 24, 2003