The Daniel_M Update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daniel_m, Aug 8, 2003.

1. There are some posts here that are clearly not what this thread is about. If I delete a post of yours in a little while, please do not take it personally.

I feel bad for daniel_m, and I think it took a heck of a lot of guts to start this thread. Honestly, I wish he would come back and say he was just kidding and we are all idiots for buying into it. I would rather hear that than hear he is through trading.

So again, out of respect for daniel_m, if a post of yours is deleted, or edited, it is just to maintain the integrity of the thread. Thanks guys.

#41     Aug 9, 2003
  2. My only problem with deletions is that it's awefully hard to average a point a day in Candle's world if one keeps getting deleted.

#42     Aug 9, 2003
  3. Inandlong,

I can respect where you are coming from, but if someone has something that you percieve to be negative or derogatory -- it should stand (unless of course its just a verbaly abusive outlash out Danny-boy). I personaly do not think this thread should be nothing but 'cry for me argentinas' or a collection of uplifting 'pats on the ass'. Let the thread naturaly evolve into what it is going to be and only moderate if a poster gets too out of control. If someone has something negative to say toward Danny then they should be able to express it in an open forum such as ET. This ain't 1984 and your not the 'thought police'...

Respectfully,
    Commisso

#43     Aug 9, 2003
  4. Romeo

Romeo

You clearly have enough intelligence, and respect here. There will always be a few bad apples. Tune them out.

My suggestion is do your best with this, then move it to chit chat by monday morning trading. I think that's the right move.

#44     Aug 9, 2003
  5. cartm

cartm

I don't remember if we ever sparred, but if we did no harm no foul. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. If you can take solace in this, I do not know any supersuccessful traders/investors who didn't blow up at least once. Take care.

#45     Aug 10, 2003
  6. stu

stu

The consequence of trading was ever the same, and that it should again humble a worthy participant by its capricious and fickle nature, will come as little surprise to anyone and assuredly to Dan.

But to be humbled by life or markets is not to be defeated and neither should it be a reason to throw aside all of a person's characteristic actions and reactions to the challenge.

Dan's forthright and aggressive approach may be inappropriate at times, but essentially it can be a valuable and mighty weapon to cut through a sea of misinformation or plain old hogwash associated with trading and so adequately expressed in part within this board.

Nevertheless his undoubted intelligence will be a balancing feature in the complexity of emotional and intellectual reactions which are essential constituents to many who trade the markets.

Pride may come before a fall but as a feeling of self-respect and personal worth, it is a contingent part of a person's makeup. Just because Dan's approach seemed to be aggressive and sometimes even surly, that is no reason to assume a need for him to lose all sense of pride.

I should think he would be the last to nurture a fantasy as darkhorse put it, other than the one all who are involved in trading hold - that says to them they can survive the outrageous fortunes of it.

Dan's life is not ready to begin, it already has and he comes across as holding the right tools and being more than competent to learn and benefit from the tough lessons it holds for him.

Good luck and best wishes to you Daniel_M, and remember "You Trade, Therefore You Are"

stu

#46     Aug 10, 2003

7. Eminently corrigible, at that! Turns out I also had a lot of pent up ruth, too! :)

I'm still on for hoisting a cold one with ya, share a few war stories and all that. Just keep the idea on ice for a while; I'm 10,000 miles away in location and in mind at the moment.

Jem, pardon the ensuing "lovefest"; I hadn't planned on inducing any Woodstock redux. Just plain old melancholy reverie. Take it at face value. Or ask qwiktrade.

I will say this though, I do feel a right ass for having scoffed at and mocked "the businessmen", with their stressed out lives and boardroom dramas. In the end though, what's so different about their "quiet desperation" compared to mine or even to that of kings and conquerors? If we all live it, then why hide from it.
    Peel away the layers of protection we all cowl under and what have you got?

Anyway, I don't want to hand out prescriptions because we all face a different maze. It's just that when I'm 60, hell, when I'm 40, those "lines of experience" on my face are going to stand for something more than which is the best ECN to route to.

Thanks again to everyone for chiming in. (Woulda been fun to see a bit more gloating, though! Guess you can't have it all! :) )

#47     Aug 10, 2003
  8. Uh oh, this is an open invitation for trouble. Daniel_m, no disrespect to you, but I am moving this to Psychology, where it can continue to be seen on the Home Page. Good luck to you, although I don't think you need it. You are an incredibly bright person.

#48     Aug 10, 2003
  9. Like any movie... we all enjoy a comeback after a drastic event.

Personally, I don't want you back when you do... I'll lose my edge...

:D

No, honestly, this business has to do more with surviving and being in the business of trading for a long time rather than just making making money fast because the longer you're in it, the monetary reward tends to come. I think this is true with investing but more with trading.

daniel, I hope you find and continue to trade some way. I'm this will be another one of those war stories, that you can tell your grandkids(if you have any)...

Anyhow, good luck with your endeavors.

#49     Aug 10, 2003
  10. Inandlong went through this thread like it was not a thread by the notorious daniel_m on the adult ET site, but like he was the chief editor at Hallmark Cards™.

He deleted several of my posts, and none of them were inflammatory, defamatory, nor included vulgarities.

But they didn't rhyme.

I no longer care enough to send The Very Best.

#50     Aug 11, 2003