The Daniel_M Update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daniel_m, Aug 8, 2003.

1. ptt

ptt

Daniel_M, find another dream and pursue it with the same passion you had for trading.

I would suggest applying one maxim from trading to your new goal. Evaluate it from the risk:reward, and not just monetary rewards, but also the other rewards of trading like independence, freedom, and whatever other reasons you were drawn to trading.

Best of luck.

#31     Aug 9, 2003
  2. Dear Daniel,

I applaud your newfound candor in the humbling condition of having discovered that none of us is invulnerable in this life or in this financial game.

May I refer you to the encouraging case of fellow-member Lundy who was forced to rise from the ashes a year ago, and through patient diligence seems to have picked himself up one step at a time.

I wish you success in or out of the stock market. In case you find yourself hindered by the undemocratic PDT rules at this point of your career, may I suggest investigating Single Stock Futures.

Best of luck to you,

hiiaiaiaiaioooooooaoiiaaooa (what kind of freakin' name is that?)

#32     Aug 9, 2003
  3. Personal attacks and vulgarity should be an issue to consider here. It is not my call, as I am a humble member. I think this is the best community offered on the Internet however.

The ability to NOT get multiple handles through non-ISP free email accounts might have curtailed this on Elite. I think they recently introduced this.

Perhaps being banned here could be final, and the likes of Faster Pussycat and others should take note of their posts.

Michael B.

#33     Aug 9, 2003
  4. Romeo

Romeo

To Daniel, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm Vinny, and I certainly get no satisfaction from hearing this. Best of luck to you.

#34     Aug 9, 2003
  5. sorry to hear about your problems. i hate to hear about anyone who has traded for a while blowing out. it plants a seed of doubt that maybe it could happen to me.
    since you have become humble now and lifes tough lessons could make you a useful person to listen to,i will take you off ignore.

#35     Aug 9, 2003
  6. Would you look at that-
    the incorrigible dan m turns out to be corrigible after all.

How are you man? Long time no spar.

This may sound odd, but I'd wager that this is one of the best things that could have ever happened to you.

To borrow from Jesse Livermore, ignorance in your 20's isn't exactly a structural defect. And coming to realize that pride is a waste of time- really understanding it deep in your bones- is a valuable lesson worth its weight in gold. Putting aside the macho bullshit (AND the false humility bullshit, which is just as bad) is a wise thing to do.

I don't feel sorry for you at all, Dan- I feel excited for you. It sounds like your eyes are starting to open and your life is really ready to begin. (I do feel sorry for others on this board, though, who would rather nurture a fantasy than face the highs and lows of real life.)

It won't take you long to realize, if you haven't already, that trading isn't a be-all end-all, that there are countless ways to get rich (or just make a good living), and that making money is a means to an end, nothing more. And ironically enough, that's the best attitude to have towards trading in the first place, which you can come back to pretty much whenever you want (always plenty of research to be done while you're rebuilding that stake).

#36     Aug 9, 2003
  7. jem

jem

Darkhorse-is it too late for you to get 65 signatures and 3500 bucks. You would make quite statesmen/governor with going away remarks like those. Somehow I agree with you and hiho at the same time. Of course I did not get to read his deleted post but I was a little amazed by the love fest going on here.

P.S. when is the book coming out.

#37     Aug 9, 2003
  8. Pabst

Pabst

Wow! Sarasota, Tampa, Jem, Dark, RS7, Tripack, all we need is Commisso and we have a virtual reunion going!

#38     Aug 9, 2003
  9. Daniel,

I dont post here often anymore but i still lurk on occassion. I started my carreer as a trader in November of 1999 with a mere 8,000 dollars that i turned into nearly a quarter million in less than a year. I blew out my account November of 2002.

When i look back i can see that i made alot of mistakes. I can see that other factors in my life added unneeded emotions to the mix. It hurts to have your dreams crushed, but what really hurts is the fact that i tried my best and failed.

I can appreciate what you are going through. My advice, give it some time and then re-evaluate.

Im back to working a full time job. Its been good for me to get away from the market and gain some perspective. I get up now at 3am to trade the Eurex. I can see how my experience of failure has opened up a new world of objectivity to me. Im not afraid of failure anymore, I already failed. Im not afraid of accepting loss, ive lost. Its easier to see the market for what it really is.

Good luck in whatever path you choose for yourself. If you choose to trade, the benefits of this experience will be well worth the pain and disappointment you are feeling now.

-qwik

#39     Aug 9, 2003
  10. Awesome!

#40     Aug 9, 2003