The Daniel_M Update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daniel_m, Aug 8, 2003.

1. damir00

damir00 Guest

our paths never crossed, just want to echo what was said earlier: all the good ones blew up at least once. all of them.

best of luck to you!

#21     Aug 8, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Actually I always felt Daniel was one of the best poster's in the history of ET. Smart, gutsy, abraisive and logical. All the traits of a great trader. Great sports fan too!!Just a temporary setback.

He'll be back. We all are. Nothing else in life doing.

#22     Aug 8, 2003
  3. Yes, want to reiterate BECAUSE ITS VERY REAL...and more improtantly Daniel, with a changed positive outlook anything goes

#23     Aug 8, 2003
  4. Friends,

‘Tis with a heavy heart I report to you that after many a moon spent laboring on this, most fickle of passions – trading – I am a broken man; my funds are depleted, the profits that once freely flowed to my purse are but a distant, bittersweet memory and all I’m left with is the somber, sullen realization – oh the pain! – that I, too, was taken by the siren call of easy money.

‘Twas quite the ride; very much the dizzying highs and the terrifying lows. It’s an open question whether it’s better to have glimpsed heaven only to have the vision abruptly smashed, as I have, or to have never seen at all; for the former leaves you wiser yet glum, the latter naïve, yet ever eager.

I don’t know whether I’ll be coming again. For now, the pain of a dream ripped asunder is simply too great.

To the buddies I made, may the gods of trading continue to watch over you; to those I antagonized, heckled or belittled, I invite you to gloat over my demise – I was *truly*, in every meaning of the word, a fool. In no particular order: Commisso, Cubano, Pabst, rs7, Traderfut, darkhorse, chas, trader99, TriPack, richtrader, inandlong, magna, FPC, Babak, VinnyG, axeman, goldenarm, marketsurfer, candle, hitman, aphie, gekko, green dog, vlad, tampa and anyone else I’ve forgotten.

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye?

DanielM,

I do not know you, but have noticed your high number of posts. After reading your farewell, I wish I would have known you. You seem like a very accomplished writer, that is able to communicate well. Do not judge your experience too harshly, as many have said that these days have been tough.

I will not discuss with you how many times I have blown out...as this thread is about you not me. But you are handling this so eloquently and able to post this farewell. You are past the bitter and angry stage because of your obvious intellegence. It was my loss to not be one of your students.

Michael B.

#24     Aug 8, 2003
  5. Why am I humming :

Daniel my brother tonight on a plane.

This is a sad song......

Michael B.

#25     Aug 8, 2003
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

thank for provide some classic dm vs. darkhorse, confussion :confused: said "when student ready, the mentor re-appear" may you meet your mentor soon.

#26     Aug 8, 2003
  7. daniel_m,

you're a good guy in my book.

if anyone knows how you feel, it's me. all i'm gonna say is, if you don't have the interest in trading anymore, then it's totally ok to quit. however, if you still have the interest, but just haven't put it together yet, THEN KEEP WORKING AT IT AND AVOID THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE.

GG

#27     Aug 8, 2003
  8. tampa

tampa

Farewell? No, that's unacceptable.

Good God, man - you're still just a "kid". You cannot allow your dream to die at such a young age - unless you want to die along with it.

Look around you, and what do you see? Faceless, uninspired, unimaginative dreamless people - they get up in the morning, they go to work. They come home at night and go to bed - on the weekends they dread Monday morning. They do this year after miserable year. Is that what you want from life? I don't think so. I don't think so because I have spent a year reading your words - sometimes amazed by your youthful wisdom - sometimes pissed off by your equally youthful shortsightedness - but always pleased that I had taken the time to read what you wrote.

Get your fuckin' act together - straighten up, lick your wounds, and pursue that dream - again, and again, and again, if need be. If you don't, I for one will be bitterly disappointed. Look, I put up with your bullshit, your rudeness, and painful sarcasm for a reason - because I thought that you were a gifted young man - I'd be mighty pissed if it turns out that I misread you.

And I don't think that I am alone in how I feel.

tampa

#28     Aug 8, 2003
  9. Daniel M,

I don't think I ever had any thread chats with you, but my suggestion to you would be to read two books. First read a book about the life of Abraham Lincoln, this will give you a true perspective of adversity. The second book should be about the life of General George S. Patton, this will show you how to kick adversity in the ass and achieve your objectives.

Good Fortunes!

Chris

#29     Aug 8, 2003
  10. Well said, tampa.

#30     Aug 8, 2003