The Daniel_M Update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by daniel_m, Aug 8, 2003.

1. If you love something, set if free

if it comes back, it was yours

If it doesn't,

Hunt it down and kill it

good luck

#11     Aug 8, 2003
  2. At least do an Arnold... and add "I'll be baack." to your post.

Meanwhile, go to Sacramento and "clean house." :D

Cheer,

kp

#12     Aug 8, 2003
  3. Maybe you could explain what happened with your account, your trading, your daily P&L, capitalization etc...

#13     Aug 8, 2003
  4. Major :(

peace

axeman

#14     Aug 8, 2003
  5. daniel, you and I sparred a few times, but it does suck when you have to take an indefinite break from chasing a dream. I wish you good luck.

#15     Aug 8, 2003
  6. sucks to have to leave a game you loved and admit you are a failure- it takes a big man to be able to do that.
    yes, you belittled some people, but most of them were pikers anyways, who cares.
    good luck

#16     Aug 8, 2003
  7. Keep hope alive.

Hope to see you back here someday.

#17     Aug 8, 2003

8. Inandlong, it's good to hear from you, you are a class act. You were always able to look past my hysterics and treat me with the same civility you extend to members much more deserving than I. If you're half the gentleman in real life as you are on this board then Chicago's a lot better for having you in it.

Magna, you're another I could have learnt something from hadn't I been so busy deriding everyone else; pride truly does goeth before a fall.

All the best to you.

Well, let them if they wish to. God knows I've earned it.

Maybe there can be a 'Traders' Covenant': "Let no trader revel in the anguish of another, lest his own fate be lampooned in turn".

To everyone else, I’m touched – deeply – that you’ve taken the time to bid me farewell.

Trading can be a wonderful experience, and a means to some very worthy ends (and some not so). Which is why in my case I’m almost glad fate took the twist it did, for had it not, mine would have been a hollow victory indeed.

“Know thyself”, counseled the philosophers of yesteryear. Perhaps the most important thing a man can do is look into his heart and know that he’s been true, been honest to himself and to what he judges right. Peace lies within.

Greed makes easy bedfellows with corrupted souls. Greed can be good, when tempered with compassion; but half a moral is as good as none.

Two Maxims and a Creed.

From now on, I resolve to live by the following:

(1) Seek first to understand, only thereafter to be understood.

(2) Choose to be happy rather than to be right.

The Optmist Club’s Creed:

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
    To talk health, happiness, prosperity to every person you meet.
    To make all your friends feel that there is something of value in them.
    To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
    To think only the best, to work only for the best, and to expect the best.
    To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
    To forget the mistake so the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
    To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
    To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
    To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit presence of trouble

If I can do all that, then trading results are drop in the ocean.

Best Wishes to all.

#18     Aug 8, 2003
  9. I was wondering what had happened to you. What the other guy said was very true: you have traded in one of the most brutal of trading periods. So I hope you'll keep that in mind. You may simply be a casuality of one of the most brutal trading environments in history. It can't stay like this forever, so if you can turn things around now, you'll have it made when everything changes.

Regardless, all the best to you...

#19     Aug 8, 2003
  10. Please tell us so we can learn!

#20     Aug 8, 2003