The Dan Zanger interview

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jun 19, 2006.

1. he should probably kick things up a bit...maybe start writing options?, or S&P 500 futures?

---

- nathan

#31     Jun 21, 2006
  2. calmlynx,

I subscribe to Zanger's letter and agree that it has really slowed down a bit over the past year or so.

Can you suggest some other services with similar styles?

#32     Jun 21, 2006
  3. Why buy the milk if you can have the cow for free?

http://mysite.verizon.net/resppzq7/patternz.html

#33     Jun 21, 2006
  4. I think you are confusing an edge with a "money grows on trees" mechanical trading strategy.

Regarding the edge, yes, I have achieved some nice results. I am currently starting to exploit this 'inefficiency' institutionally.
    I've built a derivative of Zanger's strategy including market neutrality, hedging and pattern screening.

P.S.: Zanger kicks ASS.

#34     Jun 21, 2006
  5. Ah yes, the legendary Bulkowski.

I tried that program out a few months ago very briefly. It did look very promising but the only thing was that it seemed to recognize way too many patterns and also, you had to download 1 symbol at a time.

Other than that, can be very promising.

I recommend that you read Bulkowski's books - great stuff.

#35     Jun 23, 2006
  6. When talking to clients or other traders about Bulkowski's book, I refer to it as the "millionaire maker".

Mix it with a good understanding of game theory and risk management, and you got the mother of all edges...

#36     Jun 23, 2006
  7. taowave

taowave

which of his books?

#37     Jun 23, 2006
  8. alisa

alisa

#38     Jun 23, 2006
  9. alisa

alisa

Also another question people pose is whether zanger could have made a career if he had started post bubble. I think so just not from 11k to 40 mil....

#39     Jun 23, 2006
  10. Busta21

Busta21

I know this thread is old buuuut, if anyone can answer.

Why did Zanger not open a fund and manage money? Or did he? Curious to this.

#40     Aug 20, 2012