The Daily Economic Rag (for Ricter)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 31, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#31     Jun 1, 2011
  2. Quite right. Your nod and wink were sufficient. And your second post in this thread was just a bit of value-added. Nothing quite like a bit of thrust followed by plausibe deniability, eh? ("Who, me?")

#32     Jun 1, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can ASSume all you want, but I don't lay any of this economic stuff at the foot of Obama. He certainly isn't helping anything (due more in part to a lack of understanding than anything else) but he didn't cause it.

My second post was a comment in response to a poster stating Obama would be re-elected. And he will, because of all of the entitlements - people won't want to lose them. Still has nothing to do with the thread topic, yambag.

So unless you have anything intelligent to contribute (not bloody likely) then please, shut the fuck up already. We're all tired of your worthless commentary. Engaging you in conversation used to yield some degree of intellectual result. Now it's a futile exercise - you've just become a windbag of half-baked sarcasm and worthless snide noise.

#33     Jun 1, 2011
  4. Yes, if only he had your remarkable understanding. Then we would have "rivers of chocolate, and the children would have gumdrop smiles."
    Thanks. I wish I could say the same.
    Irony defined.

#34     Jun 1, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

ISM Misses HUGE

#35     Jun 1, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#36     Jun 1, 2011
  7. And on whom are you laying the blame here? What is your point, exactly, since we all have access to economic reports?

#37     Jun 1, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thank you for coming back down to civility and asking the question honestly.

The original point of the thread was in response to Ricter's ongoing campaign of "spin" data to show that the economy was improving. It is clearly not improving.

As for the laying of blame, I have already said where I place most of the economic blame - at the foot of the Federal Reserve. Cue Olias and other Fed apologists entering the thread in 30 seconds.

Obama, like Bush was, is clearly out of his league in solving a crisis of this magnitude. He could have pulled it off had he actually put people in charge with the charter of solving it. Instead, his promise of "change" yielded more of the same as he put people like Lil' Timmy, Larry from Goldman summers, and re-appointed Benny at the Fed. Placing all the criminals firmly back in place yielded the same results as when Bush did it. And people act surprised when the economy continues down the drain.

#38     Jun 1, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, the economy is improving, but like any natural trend you're not going to see every single time period selected will share the same direction. It's the classic "sawblade on a slope". Sadly, our slope is pretty shallow, but still, things are improving.

#39     Jun 1, 2011
  10. I admit that some of his personnel choices are a bit puzzling, but I'm not sure what could have been very much differently in the circumstances. I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that the various financial bailouts had largely been agreed to during Bush's reign, which were apparently put in place without conditions or covenants. As for Bernanke, I'm no fan because he immediately began to follow in Greenspan's footsteps of pandering to the markets at the slightest upset. However, what had occurred in 2008 qualifies as something other than a slight upset. True, to a hammer every problem looks like a nail, but 2008 really was a nail.

As an aside, I don't think Obama is out of his league. I cannot say the same for most people in this forum, however, myself included. Fancy meeting you here.

#40     Jun 1, 2011