The Daily Economic Rag (for Ricter)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 31, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

No. You were asserting that those on food stamps want to stay on food stamps, a criticism of character.

#11     May 31, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Way too many of them DO want to stay on food stamps/welfare.
    In no small part due to a lack of character.

#12     May 31, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

So why did their character change so rapidly (we were at 5% or less unemployment two years ago)?

#13     May 31, 2011
  4. jem

jem

whats the point... welfare needed reform then, it needs it even more now.

We need to set up programs which encourage people to get back to work while keeping phasing out their benes as they make more money.

the problem is that dems know as so as people work for their money and pay taxes they become more conservative.

#14     May 31, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Anyone on entitlement wants that entitlement to continue. It's not just a food stamp thing. Try SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Unemployment Assistance, Housing Subsidies, etc....

So in general, they'll vote for the party to continue those entitlements.

Tell me I'm wrong.

#15     May 31, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

So really we didn't have a financial crisis/Great Recession of 2008, we had a big, sudden character failure, and people just quit their jobs so that they could get some form of entitlement. And business, sitting on record cash holdings, but not hiring, that must be their character flaw, too, since it's work to hire people.

#16     May 31, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

It didn't, they never had any to begin with. I'm referring to those who stay on welfare longer than really needed because it's the easy thing to do. Along with the dead beats that run up debts then walk away because again it's the easy thing to do.

#17     May 31, 2011
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4LXvGoYYs

what what!

#18     May 31, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, an initial event which put a percentage of these people (the key word is "percentage) into the situation they are in now, and then the givernment [sic] putting in a policy to make sure these people never want to work again. Hell, why work when you get stuff for free!

#19     May 31, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Like all this stuff didn't exist under Little George Bush. Give me a baaaarake! Tao, have you been watching FOX News?

#20     May 31, 2011