The Daily Call for the US Markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by William Rennick, May 1, 2006.

1. I think that tomorrow will be a down day for the market generally. I think that the XBD will open up and subsequently sell off.

My own volatility index shows the pivot widths of the XBD, DOW and S&P all converging toward 100% of thier 30-day median widths. This provides essentially no signal as we'll either become increasingly more range-bound (intraday) or will have a trending day. In short, it could go either way as to whether tomorrow will be a range bound or trending day. I'll, however, be shorting any spikes up.

Also, to be clear, the pivot range Micro VIX on the attached sheet measures the width of today's pivot range relative to the 30-day median width. The wider yesterday's trading range, the wider today's pivot range - and well, things converge toward median/mean values.

I note this since I trade XBD stocks, which are highly correlated with the DOW and S&P.

#11     May 2, 2006
  2. Rennick, i just had a thought.
    Your thread here is entertaining, and i think very cool. the calls you posted have been on the money, except when maria paniked the market and your call was for flat. the reason i'm posting this is that you admittedly are getting your calls off the timing service you use. myself as well as a few others here are also members. i'm paying 29 bucks a month to get the service, and you're laying it out here free. most of these guys don't believe in it anyway. maybe you were just trying to prove to everyone that intraday timing works. i see there are many here who think we are full of crap. my point is, for several reasons i think you should stop giving out info that some of us are paying for. i wouldn't want to see you get in trouble with the guys at closingtrend either. let's hope the market tanks today, i think my man lilduck is short. I'm doing very well with my papertrading. does anyone here have a good tip for a broker. i'm looking at index options, and e minis, with about 5 k to start. thx

rodney

ps i read your post for new traders, lilduck. it was one of the best things i read on et

#12     May 3, 2006
  3. i love it - a papertrader posting calls from a fee service. Priceless.

#13     May 3, 2006
  4. I'm the guy who advised him to papertrade , and become comfortable before ever using real money. I guess you laid a big wad down and started trading being a total green horn. That's one reason 90% plus in this game lose their ass, the other being following conventional wisdom and methods.

..Rennick

#14     May 3, 2006
  5. Good post Caddy,
    You're right, I wasn't thinking about the other guys here who are members of our service. I'll stop. Hey for a green horn you're pretty smart,LOL.

...The Amazing Rennick out

#15     May 3, 2006
  6. I was refering to you.

#16     May 3, 2006
  7. I've been trading for real probably when your dumbass was still in grade school. The term papertrading wasnt even invented back then.

#17     May 3, 2006
  8. stktrdr

stktrdr

You are NOT a pro. If you were you would not have the need for a daily "prediction" service.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Okay, go ahead. Beat me with your wet noodle. ouch! ouch!

#18     May 3, 2006
  9. I love power sideways every day$$$

#19     May 3, 2006
  10. Who said I was a pro, don't you have a perm to do. Youre just pissed the market is down again hairdresser,LOL

#20     May 3, 2006