The Curious Story of TickZoom

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bluelou, May 23, 2009.

1. byteme

byteme

Dear Wayne Walter,

Not as sorry as I am Wayne.

THESE ARE THE FACTS (verifiable by links that actually work):

Mr. Walter, anyone with two brain cells can see that you were using your "chaostheory" handle to pretend to be a neutral third party observer (whilst drumming up interest in tickzoom):

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2436565#post2436565

"FYI The writer of TZ has old posts on here at first say it would be open source and free. That keeps changing. Now it costs money. Next they're starting to restrict access."

The funny thing is that you point out your own inconsistency whilst pretending to be someone else i.e. someone other than Wayne Walter.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2436985#post2436985

"Wow. You see it clearly. It seems that's why the tick zoom folks are restricting access to outsiders. They decided the architecture itself is too powerful to share."

Who in the world refers to themself as "they" Wayne?

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER:

You even used the chaostheory handle to talk about one of your OTHER handles, greaterreturn. You can't make this stuff up:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2415952#post2415952

"I think greaterreturn is blocked from posting anything about tickzoom until he becomes a paid sponsor. He said he'll be doing that in a couple weeks. I guess you can check the status at the tz forum by googling for tickzoom."

All the while pretending to be some neutral third-party. So you were blocked as greaterreturn for talking about tickzoom so you decided to use the chaostheory handle to do it instead.

What was it you just said Wayne?

NOW YOU'RE LYING YET AGAIN Wayne by claiming the exact opposite of what is easily demonstrable. After the thread was long dead too. You only have yourself to blame.

You're a liar Mr.Walter. Plain and simple. Anyone who trusts you and your software get's what they deserve.

You'll even login with one of your alternate handles to check who has written this because you claim to have me on ignore due to my "immoral handle". That's funny.

I don't know why ET hasn't already banned you for violating terms by using and admitting multiple handles.

That's a shame for you. On the flip-side if we keep the thread going, hopefully that will consolidate the position on Google and people will see who Wayne Walter really is.

Great, that should help with the Google rankings too.

#81     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Great...

tickzoom is now "Sir Spam-alot"...

Just another series of action that makes a regular ET poster want to diss on...

Seriously... do you have any plans of stop drinking or taking drugs??? Maybe you have a major issue with patience... Or are just that desperate to make your operation running?

#82     Jul 31, 2009
  3. Actually, ET checked the facts and changed the original post from the word "shill" to the word "user". That is satisfactory. So everyone is okay now, bluelou emailed me to say he's okay with that change. And I will not switch accounts again. I didn't think there was an issue with it.

The reason I switched from greaterreturn is that actually was the name of a real estate business that I was running and I closed it down so it seemed silly to keep using that name.

ET denied me the use of the name tickzoom since it was a product name until we became a paying sponsor.

So I picked another name, chaostheory to use.

What did you want me to do?

I'm sorry about the confusion but it was honestly done.

Wayne

#83     Jul 31, 2009
  4. byteme

byteme

You're being dishonest about your dishonesty. That makes you an even bigger liar.

You weren't being very honest when you were pretending to be someone else and you wrote:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2415952#post2415952

Both the alias you wrote that with, chaostheory, and the alias you were writing about, greaterreturn were, as you admitted both YOU - Wayne Walter.

That's not very honest is it? Yet just yesterday you claimed:

Lie. Wayne Walter is a liar. Proven. Fact.

Keep posting your delusions here. Google likes new content. It will boost the rankings.

#84     Jul 31, 2009
  5. Azzi

Azzi

I am curious what ever happened to TickZoom? He still has the website but very rudimentary.

The speed he described does not impress me. Being unhappy with how NT and MT4 handle backtesting, especially lack of debuggability for complex strategy code, I wrote my own cross-platform (Qt+boost) streaming tick tester in C++ that processes ticks without compression much faster than what he describes. For example, for a test a simple martingale strategy on 4 years of EURUSD 111,870,045 ticks runs in 38 seconds making 86,677 trades. Program occupies 60MB + whatever you dedicate for a tick buffer to speed up chart zooms and scrolls if desired without constantly peeking into the tick file. The bottleneck is reading the 2.5GB tick file from the disk. Multi-threaded and scaleable to any number of instruments. Granted, I have not implemented any kind of live trading as I did not feel any need for it at this point hoping to use OQ (but maybe will have to do it if I get my hands on MT4 API to use with MBT, otherwise will probably use IB API), nor did I put any bells and whistles in the GUI beyond the bare minimum to show the chart and trades table, working on implementing some statistics. Has strategy parameter screening but no smart optimization yet.

I am saying that this is within reach of everybody if you put your mind to it and know some programming.

I personally feel that it would take longer to fully understand someone else's code than to write from scratch if you want to know the guts of the system you are using.

P.S. Trying to finish the essentials before Diablo 3 comes out in 2 months. :)

#85     Mar 21, 2012