The Curious Case of Benjamin Strong.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Nov 24, 2012.

1. piezoe

piezoe

zdreg, old man, you are starting to give me the impression that you think the fed is responsible for inflation.

#41     Nov 29, 2012
  2. Thanks for the reply, Piezoe. I'm going to digest it a bit more and revisit it tomorrow. You definitely gave alot of thought to the questions...an interesting read.

#42     Nov 29, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

"old man" a person who cannot win an argument succumbs to insults, subtle or otherwise.

of course, when u used the phrase old man you meant a person full of wisdom and experience.
    losers personalize.

again, you have failed to show that the fed is the engine of inflation. of course, it is easy for you because you don't believe in statistics or twist them to suit your purposes.

#43     Nov 29, 2012
  4. piezoe

piezoe

"of course, when u used the phrase old man you meant a person full of wisdom and experience."

Exactly what I meant. It's a complement of course.:)

Oh, and I haven't a clue how one would show the Fed is the engine of inflation, because they are not, of course. Now you have me a bit confused. I thought that is what you were claiming when you wrote: "the US grew quite nicely before establishment of fed 1913.
    since then it has been nothing but an engine of inflation"

I foolishly thought the "it" you were referring to was the Fed. Am I becoming schizophrenic?

#44     Nov 29, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

"Oh, and I haven't a clue how one would show the Fed is the engine of inflation, because they are not, of course."

you could do your part by showing convincingly who is responsible for inflation if not for the fed printing money.

#45     Nov 29, 2012
  6. I think it is a cheap shot to nail somebody on their grammar, punctuation, or spelling, since we all get to writing at night, sometimes under low light, like myself with nothing more than the tv and candle light.

All I want to know is, did you purposely mispell "complement" to make a point?

Because I know you are a real stickler when it comes to the English language.

#46     Nov 29, 2012
  7. he makes a good point. From just a simpleton like myself, Where does inflation come from? If somebody is not printing new money, how could there be inflation?

I already know the next step

And that is the argument that sometimes inflation is good and on and on and so forth

But at least somebody should acknowledge that without the fed there could be no inflation.

When I left home my father gave me 7 one ounce gold pieces and said, "When you come home for the holidays, use one of these to buy a new suit so you don't embarrass your mother."

So far so good.

#47     Nov 29, 2012
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

You can have inflation from a reduction in output or an increase in the cost of imports.

#48     Nov 29, 2012
  9. well then there is going to be hell to pay, because I think we are running out of people who will work for a dollar a day. You can kiss that $10 t shirt goodbye.

#49     Nov 29, 2012
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Good for you, oldtime. I could have looked at that word 100 times and knot caught that mistake. It should have been "compliment" . Not "complement" as in complementary strands of DNA. And I did not do it intentionally. It's just a screw-up.

I once sent a proposal to the Army and misspelled "Principal" as "Principle". The proposal was funded, and in the award letter from the Army, they had also misspelled "Principal" as "Principle". I figured that using Army spelling in my proposal may have helped it get funded.

#50     Nov 29, 2012