The Crush Spread

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by maninjapan, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Covered Call, No Problems at all. What kind of slippage could one usually expect on the crush trading very small lots? I know it probably depends a lot on one's Setup.... Id be looking to leg into 2 of the contracts at market

#11     Oct 29, 2008
  2. #12     Oct 29, 2008
  3. Thanks, I will! Do you trade it based on Fundamentals or more from a technical point of view?

#13     Oct 30, 2008
  4. I'll take a long term position on fundamentals and then scalp the spread during the day using autospreader.

#14     Oct 30, 2008
  5. hey CC hows it going man? I haven't heard from you in a while.

#15     Oct 30, 2008
  6. Better now Rt. I think I spent too much time posting charts and not analyzing markets a few weeks back and got smoked pretty good. I'm still alive and trading though. What are you looking at today? Grains?

#16     Oct 30, 2008
  7. I was wondering about you, I had the aus/can cross blow up on me bad a few wks back. I have scaled down significantly. I am just kinda watching, waiting to enter coffee. Got some spreads working. Lookming at dec natty. you see anything

#17     Oct 30, 2008
  8. ive been playing with gold platinum alot. I am waiting to re-enter the spread here in a few days, it got pretty high today. wiating for a pullback

#18     Oct 30, 2008
  9. Rtrader, do you trade Gold/ Plat on a 1:2 ratio?

#19     Oct 31, 2008
  10. I have been lately, and it has been working very well. That't the NYMEX ratio so if you want spread credit that's how you gotta do it, but on Platinums way down from 1000 if you had beendoing 2:1, it could have blown through stops several times. Just be very areful with it. I heard somebody call it a "texas hedge" on this board, and that is where you can lose on both sides. And that guy certainly is right!

#20     Oct 31, 2008