The crash, or the bounce, in 2020?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Overnight, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

The guy is a legend in his own right hand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...pic-stock-market-crash-if-he-s-not-re-elected

Personally, I think the market has some flexibility here in it's thinking.

Remember, the market SHOULD know that most of his tax cuts expire in 2025. So they should have that "priced-in". The market should also be pricing in the fact that he's going to lose 2020, because he will. The USA (and the world) is sick of him, and he didn't do anything to help Russia during his first 2 1/2 years. So why the fuck would they care if he gets re-elected? No more interference on his behalf.

The sad thing is, he does not realize that it doesn't matter if het gets re-elected or not. His China tariff war is what will tank the world economy and crash the world markets. What WILL shoot the markets higher is if he, or his Democratic rival who wins the White House in 2020, removes all tariffs. Once the fucking China tariff war is resolved, the world economy will continue to expand. And so will the markets.

2. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

It would probably depend on who the candidate was if a democrat won the election. Biden would probably end the war with China, but Warren & Sanders are just as hawkish against China as Trump. I'm not sure a democratic president would end the trade war with China.

I'm more worried about how the markets might react if a democratic president started pushing for increased income tax rates, increased corporate tax rates, increased capital gain tax rates, a wealth tax, and a financial transaction tax.

We still have a long time between now & then. Who knows what will happen in the mean time.

Cuddles likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Yeah, doesn't look promising. It's pretty much a given the dems are gonna fill both chambers and the presidency in 2020, and as much free money as the progressives are promising, I don't see a way out of catastrophe to reign in the spending & tax dodging that's been happening with Trump but some strict austerity measures or going HAM on taxes