THE Crash Of 2010

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cazza La Randa, Jan 7, 2010.

1. sumfuka

sumfuka

I guess people don't take this guy too seriously, is probably because he looks like a skeleton with some hair.

Talks doom every time on television; who knows, maybe that is what he is used to be doing. Maybe he works in the cemetery, morgue, etc. and business sucks so he has to go on television to convince people to kill themselves.

Hence "How to Profit from Doom & Gloom"

#11     Jan 7, 2010
  2. I've got to agree with S2000S who seems to be in as vocal a minority as the punditry on tv who are labeled as the "doom and gloom" crowd. Yeah sure he gets it wrong as often as the perma-bull shills get it wrong. Of course, the bullish shills have a very important ally in the corner, namely the central banks who will turn the world upside down to inflate assets.

Clearly all of the policy response over the past year or so has been an attempt to first re-flate assets and secondly generate positive sentiment amongst the consumers from the stabilization of prices. Heck, I think the language that's been released has stated such in no uncertain terms. (i.e. how to ensure we do not experience deflation-straight from their playbook).

So we've endured an alphabet soup of misguided attempts to ensure that asset prices stabilize and even modestly inflate while the real economy sucks wind. The disconnect just grows wider and I believe we are witnessing this each and every day.

#12     Jan 7, 2010
  3. uhhhhh, I guess noone heard him talk of buying gold in 2001. Didn't turn out to be a bad thing, and yes his recent assertions (civil unrest) 2012.
    Mmm I don't know but people holding torches in front of Iceland's Prs. home seems a bit unrestful, but then I guess I just a piker.

#13     Jan 7, 2010
  4. sumfuka

sumfuka

I agree with you, but the doom and gloomer, mania bulls and everything in between are on television trying to confuse the public. Although we are heading towards a downward slope, it doesn't mean one should view a glass 3/4 full as half empty and vice versa.

Having everybody opinion is important, but one shouldn't be swayed by actors on tv. Jim Rogers is a very good example, I looked up to him, follow him on Y-Tube, listen to his "advice" on the pound sterling, became a dodo bird listening to his advice, lost a huge opportunity to profit. End of Story.

#14     Jan 7, 2010
  5. It's okay to predict, but the more you think that way, the more it will happen.

I still believe that the world economy will be able to recover this year. Always keep a positive outlook.

#15     Jan 20, 2010
  6. #16     Jan 20, 2010
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Celente predicted the Crash of '09 in '08 too... scary doom and gloom gets book sales via the Art Bell show, that's the business Celente is in.

I have two words for 'ya there Celente you idiot; "Long Cycle", learn it, value it..

#17     Jan 20, 2010
  8. Listen, I don't give a f*** what happens, but I ain't flyin' no more missions, you hear me?

Hey, HEY! Where the f*** is my parachute?!!

#18     Jan 20, 2010
  9. Two things worth seriously thinking about.

1) Markets have positive drift over time and if you slice up periods, you will more than likely find a long bias in your samples. Therefore, even though a broken clock might be right once in a moon, from a statistical point of view, it just pays to at least be biased on the long side, because most of your prognostications will be more often correct than wrong (whether logically they should be or not).

2) Instead of clipping and pasting the extreme 100% bears or bulls viewpoints, why not find analysts that take both sides often and see how they've fared. I've always liked reading Sy Harding's thoughts as he seems to be an objective trader and observer.

#19     Jan 20, 2010