the crash i called and continue

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riddler, Aug 26, 2010.

1. toc

toc

prices of lumber sure do want to crash big time which shows housing market will see another crash..............what will that translate for stocks.........:D

#31     Aug 30, 2010
  2. riddler

riddler

as soon as the market dropped below 10k and tries to protect it; hence fridays bounce. we will fall below that and break the may lows. look for 9k as i said on the dow especially due to fridays dismal employment report we will get. its breaking down guys.

#32     Aug 30, 2010
  3. The data was worse throught last year while the market climbed a sick wall with record speed.

All of a sudden the situation is bad, LOL!

I trade what I see....but my point is that the bleak outlook will bankrupt you if you swallow too much of the cool aid.

Many bears were burned into the ground last year. They were "right", but "right" and "profitable" are usually 2 different things.

#33     Aug 30, 2010
  4. toc

toc

'I trade what I see'

good point! price is the master.................fundamentals are good only for long term positions. :D

#34     Aug 30, 2010
  5. Larson

Larson Guest

Yeah, I would suspect you would need to see ISM go back below 50 to get any real downside momentum. Some of the other numbers are not good though.

#35     Aug 30, 2010
  6. riddler

riddler

as I said,the charts told me the thesis is still intact,hence my call before the bell to stay short.

#36     Aug 30, 2010
  7. this is true, but it's al about the second derivative

#37     Aug 30, 2010
  8. Riddler,

May I humbly suggest you focus on the most important thing that matters to a trader. Did you get paid for your wonderful prediction? If you didn’t make money on this, who cares what you think or why (Which you ignored when someone else mentioned the only thing that matters to me). Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I would rather be wrong and make money than right in my principles/ego and lose money. Do I have some opinions? Sure. But opinions are irrelevant to your trading, or they should be lest you don’t dismiss anything that contradicts your opinion and only focus on what is reinforcing it, irrespective of what the market is trying to tell you. Listen to the market and things will be much simpler and more profitable.

Many people can make successful predictions. Very few turn those predictions into cash. But they sure like to feel better about themselves by telling everyone they predicted this or that, forgetting the golden rule above.

Best of luck

BM

#38     Aug 30, 2010
  9. riddler

riddler

yes..i certianly get paid very well on a daily basis because i am short term oriented. i shorted AAPL today at 244.64 at about 11:30 or so and covered at 243.77 in about 15 minutes . that was my only trade today. it was on 700 shares; a days pay. that was the best i could do for today so i walked away rather than force trades just to say i made 2k instead of 609.

#39     Aug 30, 2010
  10. riddler

riddler

i apologize for my calls but i need to be forthright. the thesis is indeed intact and choc full of momentum to the down. i follow the charts and i am seeing some scary indications. we will see 9k on the down,thats just how it works. again,i am sorry for causing alarm and concern but my job is to tell the truth. good day.

#40     Aug 31, 2010