the crash i called and continue

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riddler, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Okay, I am going to stick my neck out and make a prediction (which as we all know is worthless). There is every reason for this market to tank. We may briefly get below Fall 2009 lows, but not for long, and rally into year end. If the bottom falls out, you can mock this post to your heart's content. I am weary of being a short-term bear.

#21     Aug 29, 2010
  2. +1

The bull market is not over yet

Im not kidding you. Theres a disconnect between market internals and fundamentals. Internals are getting stronger over the last year and not yet showing signs of weakening in the future, but fundamentals went sour.

#22     Aug 29, 2010
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

One of the worst timed posts ever on here. Almost every stock I follow rallied 5%+ the rest of the day. Every sign is a bottom was found and many buyers were waiting for this opportunity to buy up quality.

Nevertheless, I am still puzzled when the "crash" you called occurred. I see no crash.

#23     Aug 29, 2010
  4. What market internals are you referring to? I agree the fundamentals and price action have decoupled over the past year, but my view would be that they eventually have to agree, not continue to diverge since they have diverged recently.

Yeah yeah LTCM, I know. Dont worry Im not anywhere near a long term irrrational market threatening my solvency...

#24     Aug 29, 2010
  5. What compelling reason is there to buy?

ZERO!

Smart money is on the sideline...in cash and has been there for the last two years. Even corporations are hoarding cash and not spending...hell even the banks who have TARP money are sitting on their cash and not lending.

Only fools are buying for the long term right now.

Sheeople have no hope in ever making their "losses" back are throwing their hell marry and praying that the FED has more majic power.

Traders...they are loving this market! Volatility is great and its a Traders Marekt, period.

#25     Aug 29, 2010
  6. One man's crash is another man's pullback!

#26     Aug 29, 2010
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Excuse me, but it was very obvious in Spring 2009 that the market was oversold and any real smart money participated in that market. Anyone who sat on cash throughout one of the biggest bull markets in our lifetime ( March 2009-December 2009 ) was a fool to do so.

In fact, I believe the frequent calls for a crash smell of desperation. People who missed the bull market ( and the easy money ) are now looking for a big reversal to try to get easy money. And its not going to happen, this is a stock picker's market now.

#27     Aug 30, 2010
  8. well, don't worry it is not only happening with you it is a story of every third trader so be cool and hope for the best

#28     Aug 30, 2010
  9. toc

toc

there is a world of difference between crash and correction. 10-20% can be called a correction and an opportunity to buy again.

markets sure did crash in 2008 around 50% levels. the question is how much more downside from here.

:D

#29     Aug 30, 2010
  10. Stock dispersion is at all time lows, the last thing it is right now is a stock pickers market, alpha is dead for the time being.

You dont think your bull rants on nothing but the fact that the market has gone up a lot recently reek of desperation?

#30     Aug 30, 2010