the crash i called and continue

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riddler, Aug 26, 2010.

1. So first you think a correction is a 10% drop in one day and now you think there is nothing fundamental predicting a crash?

You want reasons?

Home sales at ALL TIME low
    Home prices are headed back down
    while mortgage rates are also at historic lows and the govt has been giving away $8k to anyone dumb enough to step in front of that freight train
    Most measures of economic health are rolling over despite the biggest stimulus package of all time (final sales, GDP, Durable Goods, and on and on)
    The banking system only exists due to suspending accounting standards and putting them on govt life support via free discount window money
    ECRI is ~-10, which has ALWAYS preceded a recession.
    Credit is still contracting despite ZIRP
    Individual stocks are still having flash crashes to $.00001 after the May 6 event (a 10% correction in one day!)
    Mutual fund outflows are 50 billion for the year, retail has taken their ball and gone home
    We are STILL shedding jobs
    Debt to GDP is going parabolic with nothing to show for it
    Consumer confidence is 68-69, avg for recoveries is 90, avg for recessions is 73

How big would the straw REALLY have to be to break this camels back?

Amen.

#11     Aug 28, 2010
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Call me a cynic but you sound like someone shorting the market like crazy and getting frustrated you are getting nowhere fast.
    I suspect if you are fully invested in this religon you will be squeezed hard ( again ) in the next few months. I will say the US economy is far weaker then the World economy, so if you hold that position long enough ( perhaps years ), you may do ok eventually, but only if you bail on your shorts before the inevitable market rebound occurs.

This is an investment forum. So do tell us exactly how you are invested TODAY to profit from your religon. Be specific.

#12     Aug 28, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

One can always make a list of reasons to have a crash, or a rally. They mean nothing. We just have to trade what is.

#13     Aug 28, 2010
  4. Please stfu. You're talking your book as much as anybody. "Hope" is not a trading strategy.

#14     Aug 28, 2010
  5. Why dont you be specific why your 2 data points are not closer to a religious conviction than the dozen I laid out, your holiness?

Also, this is a TRADING forum.

BTW you know what happens when you assume things...

#15     Aug 28, 2010
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

Gulp. It has been a long time since conditions looked this ugly.

#16     Aug 28, 2010
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Your post is illogical it is not me making grandiose predictions about market direction. What "book" are you talking about I trade long and short almost every day ( the US market has been in a channel all year ). In fact, a market crash would be highly profitable for me, but I think it is irresponsible for people to post events that are highly unlikely to happen.

#17     Aug 29, 2010
  8. You are talking out of your ass again and you're losing.

#18     Aug 29, 2010
  9. . I'm not taking sides but this is EliteTRADER not eliteINVESTOR. Man, you're all kinds of lost

#19     Aug 29, 2010
  10. How much money you make on the call? Traders trade and analyst predict.

#20     Aug 29, 2010