The Cramer Effect

Discussion in 'Trading' started by garfangle, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Before Cramer, CNBC used to roll out a guy named Dorfman. He would come on at 12:50 and report on a small cap usually around a 5 dollar job. Once he mentioned the name, alls you had to do was quickly figure out whether he was pumping it ,or slamming it. I had my broker on the line and entered the order immediately. I made alot of money off that little bastard. It was interesting that the stock was always already jumping 5 minutes before his report came on. That's probably why they yanked him off the air, he must have had all his relatives getting in before his report. He made Cramer look like a choir boy. Cramer is usually pumping a big cap, where there is a smaller effect.

#11     Jan 17, 2006
  2. volente_00

volente_00

"A-ha, that just leaves us with tech. That's why we keep coming back to it. That's why, despite the 80% increase in the Nasdaq last year, we are looking at another record year now."

No wonder he went to cnbc to do a talk show.

#12     Jan 17, 2006
  3. RE: Dorfman -- If my memory serves me correctly, he got axed (by Business Week where he wrote HEARD ON THE STREET before Marcial). There were charges of INSIDER TRADING involved (during the Ivan Boesky era).

cowpok

#13     Jan 18, 2006
  4. Choad

Choad

Props to Kass for trying to rein in Cramu, but it isn't doing any good. After a significant and extended market tank (this year maybe?) Crammer will be just another side note. It could happen faster with any uncovered sleazy front running in the stocks he presents each day.

And doesn't Kass realize it's not just Mary and Joe Sixpack calling from the trailer park that is running those stocks? A lot of it is the "Cramerholics" just jumping on for a trade. Nuthin' wrong with that...

#14     Jan 18, 2006
  5. Dan Dorfman was indicted for something. I don't recall, too long ago. He was pushing 70 then. History anyway you slice it.

As for Cramer. A shill. I own a stock. Mentioned on his show. Next day, it gapped up 2 points (6%) during conventional hours and remained level for 3 days while the MM waited for the impaitence of the lemmings to get the best of them. Shooting fish in a barrel.

I truly hope Cramer eventually gets connected for front-running.

#15     Jan 18, 2006